• Blow Off Valve

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Boost Controller

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 21 42.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i was gonna go injen cai then vibrant exhaust but now im wondering if i should go the other way around

Funk dat. The best first mod is the "Rear Hood Weather-Strip Removal". It's free.

20SPEED03 said:
Im looking to spend about $200

My suggestion on best first mod would be to take that $200 and put it toward your car loan, but we all know you won't do that so I would say buy a AWR M/t front motor mount, kartboy/bronzoil shifter and linkage bushings, some street rings, and 3 quarts of redline MT90 tranny fluid (and a pump so you can change it).

I haven't done the weather strip removal but if I remember right it helps release some of the hot underhood air from... well... under the hood

There was an article by Modified Mag about modding an msp.

Their tests showed that doing the intake before everything else only gained 2-3hp but if they remove both cats and then do the intake, intake only gives 8-9hp.

Personnaly I racedmy msp+cai vs my friend's msp+noCats and my friend's msp won. We were both stock except what I listed before.

YellowSpeedInNY said:
what the hell is the weather strip removal mod all about. Please do tell (poke)
Just pop off the rubber strip at the back of the hood by the windshield. It'll help let a little heat out of the engine bay.

My first mod was a drop in K/N filter.. butt dyno said eh whatever, then again on my old car with SRI butt dyno gains were ehh...

now i just spent $300 on a used custommsp SMIC.... butt dyno was very impressed. It pulled better at all RPMS, did not bog down near 6500 like it usually did, and just felt better overall.

My next mod will be a DSM AFC then maybe a midpipe to ditch one of the cats. and then some more boost. I'd also like to get some motormounts but since i live for the off/on ramps theyre not high priority.

If you're on a budget dont hesitate to buy used parts. theyre a great deal and since our cars are only so old the parts cant be that old.

Long time listener, first time caller

Hey what's up.. i just bought an 2003.5 Titanium MSP today. I traded my 2003 6spd 220hp Tiburon for her because I wanted a turbo car but mainly to compete with my buddys '03 GTI. It's got like 220hp with BOV and I don't know what else.... anyways can you let me know what I can do ina hurry to get up to snuff for cheap and fairly easy. I heard a rumor about removing the wastegate??? Is that even possible or fesable <-(sp.) But anyways if someone could fill me in cause i'm new to the world of turbos and basically imports since there is squat for Tibby's I would greatly appreciate it......Thanks, Nasty Out

mm ya dont remove the wastegate lol

read a book called Maximum Boost by corky bell and check out some of the boards older threads, any info you need is there. If you wanna catch your buddy but dont know too much about motors and turbo, go with the KISS philosophy.

FMIC, turboback exhaust, AFC = 13s - low 14s depending on how you drive and what boost level you run. Then worry about the things like motor mounts and saving for forged rods. You probobly wont find a need to upgrade the suspension much, these cars handle great from the factory.

Rnasty said:
anyways can you let me know what I can do ina hurry to get up to snuff for cheap and fairly easy. I heard a rumor about removing the wastegate??? Is that even possible or fesable <-(sp.) But anyways if someone could fill me in cause i'm new to the world of turbos and basically imports since there is squat for Tibby's I would greatly appreciate it......Thanks, Nasty Out

Removing the wastegate? Exponential boost, that will be cool for about one pull. Hope you can find an extra motor on your budget.

this is totally against my philosophy.

I bought my car because it was so damned fun when nobody was looking. and when people were looking it looked good.

... sigh... kids.

Rnasty said:
Hey what's up.. i just bought an 2003.5 Titanium MSP today. I traded my 2003 6spd 220hp Tiburon for her because I wanted a turbo car but mainly to compete with my buddys '03 GTI. It's got like 220hp with BOV and I don't know what else.... anyways can you let me know what I can do ina hurry to get up to snuff for cheap and fairly easy. I heard a rumor about removing the wastegate??? Is that even possible or fesable <-(sp.) But anyways if someone could fill me in cause i'm new to the world of turbos and basically imports since there is squat for Tibby's I would greatly appreciate it......Thanks, Nasty Out

Back