Ball joints went bad - shop wants $700+. Advice needed.

is it common for these to go bad i musta replaced mine like 2 or 3 times last year they keep going bad

then there is DEFINITELY some other problem. I have over 100k on mine, and the ball joints are still fine. one of my control arm bushings went out... but the ball joint is still perfectly servicable (had I not burned the boot up with a torch while removing it that is...)

well i had changed them wit afther market mevotec idk wat that is those went bad quick but the ones from the dealer are lastin because i replaced my driver one wit and o.e one the mevotecs prolly just suck then

Hi guys I have a question: I recently changed the front struts on my 2002 protege with oem ones from the dealer (that is what I was told by them is bad) and the car handles much better now, but i still hear some knocking noise when going through bumps or holes . I assume either the ball joints or bushings are bad. How can I determine where the problem is. Thanks in advance

Hi guys I have a question: I recently changed the front struts on my 2002 protege with oem ones from the dealer (that is what I was told by them is bad) and the car handles much better now, but i still hear some knocking noise when going through bumps or holes . I assume either the ball joints or bushings are bad. How can I determine where the problem is. Thanks in advance

could also be sway bar end links.... in fact I'd say thats more likely.

I think it might be, in fact, i just went and bought a pair of moog balljoints, not as a matter or price, but, i have super pro poly bushings on my arm and i dont want to have to buy new bushings again...

You have a point there... but the bushings on the arms are replaceable. My ball joint wasn't bad, and I still went the route of replacing the whole thing. its just easier.

Back