Back right rear rub!

kobaq7

:
03 Spicy Orange MSP
I just picked up my MSP, and the right rear tire rubs almost every time i pull out of my driveway or go over a bump. I have a friend with an mp3, and his does the same thing, is there any way to adjust it, or a spacer i could buy maybe, ANything that could help please!!!!!!

Last edited:
ya, i did the same thing, ive read in here some places about some bushings, but thats only a temporary fix. and that was in 04 so idk, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!

kobaq7 said:
I just picked up my MSP, and the right rear tire rubs almost every time i pull out of my driveway or go over a bump. I have a friend with an mp3, and his does the same thing, is there any way to adjust it, or a spacer i could buy maybe, ANything that could help please!!!!!!

Are they the stock rims/tire sizes or do you have something different on the car?

mine are stock tire size, but different rims.....the strange thing about it is that there is the same spot on both rear fender lips that protrudes into the wheel well about .5", which is where it rubs on the right rear

mine just started doing it.....I've had the wheels on for a year......I'm gonna try to mess with the fender a little more and see what happens

kobaq7 said:

Did you buy the car new or used? If used, maybe the previous owner lowered the car, and the springs are just settling now?

used i bought a set of springs for my es, but im gona sell them cuz the msp is lowered already, is there not a spacer or somethin like that i can put in to raise up the car like a .25 of an inch or somethin like that to keep it from scraping

Are they stock width? Are you sure you are hearing the tires rub the fenders or just the normal clunk from the rear swaybar?

i know its the tires cuz its taking out slices of my tire, theres a big ring on the outside of the tire

idk, they look stock to me, but im not sure, they have good tread if thats what you mean, like i said my friends mp3 does the same thing, i think the right spring or shock is goin out somehow idk.

What size are the tires? They've probably been replaced with a wider than stock tire. From your avatar it looks like your car has a different hood on it than stock as well. If you just bought the car it is possible that the previous owner modified it is some ways that we don't know yet.

i actually just put that hood on there the day i brought it home. but id actually like to meet some of you guys, ive been trying to get some sort of meet started up

Back