Back in the Mazda game, new to the Speed gang...

Porsche

MP3 717
:
nothing currently....
I am on my way back home from Austin with my MSP.
Black in color with 73k.
Will get pics this weekend. ;)

Yea I found it on Craigslist. I think I got a good deal on it, paid 3950 for it.
Has a rebuilt title that says flood but three mechanics have looked at it and can not find any flood type damage.
Tires look good
The sub in the back is not working, I need to look at the wires. They look to be plugged in so I am wondering if it is the headunit plug in. They had subs back there as of yesterday but took them out.
The check engine light is on but he said it goes on and off. Something with the cat being removed. Is there a fix for that?
It does have the clunk. ROFL!
The body looks good but does have a dent in the back quarter panel.
Overall I would say for the miles on it, seems to be good. Hard getting use to the turbo sound!

Not going to make her faster, just want good uptime and good mpg!
She is going to get about 30K plus on her.
Thanks!

Hell??? I dont want to be in hell!!?!?!?!?!
I was hoping to get a good car that will last me a long time! Should I just pull the turbo and go MP3 setup, would that make it less hellish. LOL

Would the Spark Plug Non Fouler thing work? I did that on my MP3 when I had it, just want to make sure it will be cool here.

So far I like the car. It has been cold so I have not got to do anything to it tonight.
Need to check where all the squeaks are coming from. Reminds me of the MP3 on cold days, sounds like a hooker is in my trunk.

If the CEL is for the 2nd O2 than its really not a big deal. That sensor does nothing to affect performance or fuel mileage. If the sensor is dying it will trigger a CEL every so often and keep clearing itself until its dead. Even with the non-fouler or mil eliminator wiring.

Welcome to Mazdas247/Back into the mazda game. Hope you find what you want on here. If you need any help feel free to PM me!

Do we have to run premium gas or can we get away with Plus?
I am going to have to go through each sound and figure out what it is. LOL!

Man it is a lot more peppy then the MP3 was. Feels GOOD!

91 octane or more. i ALWAYS go with 93 because its either 87, 89, or 93 in most places by me. even if there is 91 i still go 93

Do we have to run premium gas or can we get away with Plus?

Read this old article that used track & dyno results to scientifically analyze the results.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/01q4/regular_or_premium_-feature/test_results_page_2

Personally I have filled up primarily with premium, occasionally race fuel and at times regular. Doing the latter has resulted in no noticeable differences in driveability. Most likely because we do not have a "sophisticated" engine control system. I do adjust my driving style and engine load pattern when using the lower octane.

Back