Auxmod basic back in stock!

A quick question.

This would just plug into the back of the factory hud, and then I would just have to run a two sided male headphone wire from my Myfi XM to this unit?

Excuse my ignorance as far as the correct term, but bassically is this just "plug and play"?

you got it... some people heard "noise" through the system that was cleared up with a line isolater from radio shack for like 10$ or whatever... think it was mostly ipod related but i am not sure. if you notice a whine that goes up and down with engine rpms then thats the issue... good luck and thanks for the update.

wait wait, what does this thing do? make it so we can use an mp3 player without an FM modulator? and could i hook one of these up to XM radio???

mazda3zoom said:
wait wait, what does this thing do? make it so we can use an mp3 player without an FM modulator? and could i hook one of these up to XM radio???
pretty much, but this runs it through the tape/md button on the far right. I dont believe it can be used with XM

any update??? did you get yours in and installed? I gotta xm radio in my shop and i would just have to buy the car kit for it and i could do it, thats why im wondering.

These things rock. It gives you a 3.5mm input, so as long as you can adapt whatever output your XM gives you you can use this. Plugs right into the HU, then you just plug a cable into that and snake it to wherever you want it to come out (glove compartment, ashtray, cupholders).

If you're going to be charger your player at the same time you're listening to it then you need to put a ground loop isolator inline with the 3.5mm cable to cut out the alternator whine. If you're not charging then that shouldn't be a problem.

Hey guys, I totaled my '03 Protege today, and I just got back from Joe Myers Mazda in Houston, where I bought my '06 Mazda3 sedan!

On the Protege, I had done the ghetto-style "open-up-the-radio-chassis-and-hard-wire-an-aux-input-to-the-circuit-board" trick to hook up my Treo (with 4GB SD card) to the stereo. (This was before the AuxMod).

I noticed that you can supposedly to the same thing to the 3's stereo; however, the AuxMod is available now too. To anyone that has tried both methods, how does the volume compare between the two setups?

I remember thinking that the soldering and blank CD hack quieted the output some...

Back