Now with the CX-70 "revealed", what is everyone buying?

Removing features (3rd row), changing cosmetics to appeal to younger crowd, while holding the price the same as the CX90 is a tough sell and we'll see how it goes in the coming months.

If an X5 was questionable for the extra "oversized" charge in a parking garage, the CX70 has removed all doubt!
1. Mazda already knows they traded lower sales of the CX-70 for lower cost to bring it to market.

2. Garage fit is not an insignificant consideration. My wife was shocked how tight her X5 fits into the garage. Her first comment was "maybe I should have gone with the X3". I have a big Milwaukee Rolling toolbox against the front wall and she has to pull up to the point the vehicle is screaming at her that she is about to hit it. The CX-70 would have been a no go.

1714137820503.png

I took out a '24 Ford Edge ST and didn't hate it as much as I thought I would. Interior is dated and the gauges are straight from 2015...but the vehicle had some redeeming qualities for sure. Nice looking, quiet, lots of power, and a right size.
It was completely optioned up so the price of $65K Canadian is a bit of a hard pill to swallow. Even with the dealer knocking a few thousand off of the price, it's expensive for what it is.

Also took out an F150 Lightning which I absolutely fell in love with, but way beyond my budget, unfortunately.

I also had another CX90 out on Monday and that helped reinforce how much I don't like that vehicle.

Maybe a Blazer RS? Less power, but still over 300 HP and cheaper.

Back