Autos Planning On Running Boost, PLEASE READ

What was the price on it?
bumpin_p5 said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I called up Lentech the other day and according to the highly skilled technicians there, a valve body upgrade is plenty good enough to handle 170-190hp and the torque convertor upgrade is not needed unless you race or something like that. I bought the upgraded valve body, so I will make a new thread with an update when I get it and get it in. Later

EMPIRE said:
What was the price on it?
$491 shipped.
379 for the Street Terminator valve body
50 for core charge
64.xx for shipping
shipping costs so much because lentech is in Canada. so basically returning the old one for the core is pointless.

That doesn't add up right the shipping was 60 something. not sure but total was 491

bazooka joe said:
is the valve body upgrade something you can do?
Yes it is very easy. drain the fluid, drop the pan, and its right there. once you do taht you can go to the extent of tuning it to the ecu, but it is not required. The guy said that the 1-2 gear shift is kinda sluggish, but it is even faster than the stock valve body shifts from 2-3. That doesnt bother me. The other gears should shift perfect. Pretty much plug and play.

removal and installation of valve body-
http://protege5.ugly.net/05-17.PDF

page 05-17-36

i was seriously considering going the turbo route in my 2003 shiftronic p5, but you guys (and this ridiculously depressing thread for auto-tranny drivers) have put out that little flicker of hope. ;)

i figured, my car's worth about 11grand right now, and i'll have it for at least another 3 years, so i could either save about 5 grand and get the HiBoost kit installed, or, use the 5 grand plus my trade in to upgrade to a used MS3 in a couple years. i was leaning toward the turbo since I LOVE MY CAR . . . but, now i know it probably wouldn't be worth it.
i might just go with a 5dr Mazda6 in the future instead. that's a few years away anyway . . . whatever.

good luck with your endeavors though, guys! this has been really informative!

well iam boosted and auto

runnig great with the hiboost kit love my car know i have a lentech valve body also runnign 7 and 8 psi and great have been for like 4 or 5 months and no problem

runnig great with the hiboost kit love my car know i have a lentech valve body also runnign 7 and 8 psi and great have been for like 4 or 5 months and no problem
same here...running 5psi for about 30k miles, no issues...

if u can afford it go for it nice upgrade part for the tranny really u got a hiboost kit ??

if u can afford it go for it nice upgrade part for the tranny really u got a hiboost kit ??
i know i'm kinda playing with fire...i don't do a lot of hard shifts at 5psi...no i have the street sleeper kit from mental addiction...not a bad kit at all...had a few fitment issues, but beau fixed them for me...my manni did crack on me, got that repaired and have been boostin now for about 30k miles...love it!!!! for an auto it's awesome!!!(first)

im running the lentech valvebody on my setup at 7psi...its holding pretty well

though i got a question for everyone else out there...i got a custom radiator that doesnt have a tranny cooler included...but i have an existing add-on tranny cooler that i added when i first turboed my car...do i need to get another tranny cooler to replace the one that was on the old radiator or will the existing one i have work?

im running the lentech valvebody on my setup at 7psi...its holding pretty well

though i got a question for everyone else out there...i got a custom radiator that doesnt have a tranny cooler included...but i have an existing add-on tranny cooler that i added when i first turboed my car...do i need to get another tranny cooler to replace the one that was on the old radiator or will the existing one i have work?

it all depends on what size tranny cooler you have right now. but generally speaking, most aftermarket tranny oil coolers are manufactured to general specifications and then placed into classes of approved use in vehicles dependent on GVWR. Generaly, for just additional cooling with the stock cooler you should pick the same class GVWR as your car, but in the case that you're completly bypassing the stock tranny oil cooler you want to get a cooler that's ratted for 2-3 clases above your car's acutal GVWR.

Last edited:
that one is good

iam using that one also works great where did u locate it i just put it back the upper grill so it takes plenty of air..

yep...thats the same place i set mine up...i actually saw it listed as 16,000 gvwr on amazon (but i cant really tell if thats correct)

Has anyone talked to Lentech about maybe setting up a group Buy or some kind of discount. I've been looking at a full tranny for a while, but I'm buying a house so i need to spend wisely, and any discount I could get would be great.

yep...thats the same place i set mine up...i actually saw it listed as 16,000 gvwr on amazon (but i cant really tell if thats correct)

if it's ratted for 16,000 GVWR then I'd say it's cooling at least a little better than the stock one.

Back