Aston Martin CEO considering bid to buy own brand

Antoine

Administrator
Aston Martin CEO considering bid to buy own brand

-AutoBlog

Latest rumor in the FoMoCo/Aston Martin fire sale has Aston chief executive, Ulrich Bez considering making an offer for the firm. Bez said he plans on making the sale complete "as rapidly as possible," and that he plans on staying with the company in his present capacity. With a return to profit and the promise of the new "DB9 Vanquish" latest James Bond whip DBS being shown at Detroit in January, Aston could fetch Ford a pretty penny from its own CEO.

Problem is if they buy it them selves they would need to outsource the engine.

Engine design and reliabily takes generations to perfect. Dont start the whole british thing and have engines blowign and breaking left and right...TVR..old Jag...old MGs. It wasnt until ford put their motors in several briticsh brand that they got quality and reliabilty points back.

But the brits are always brilliant at designing chasis. So if they can find a engine supplier like Lotus did then I think it could make a come back

Engines are frequently outsouced, especially in low volume vehicles. I don't see this as a huge issue. I'm actually excited by this news. Ulrich Bez is the man, and I think in his hands, Aston Martin will continue to make awesome cars.

Back