Are midpipes amazingly complicated pieces of equipment?

Sierra117

:
2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
Serious question here, are they? Is it overly difficult to make a midpipe? I'm just wondering as I'm planning on picking up a DP and MP to finish up my exhaust. I'm looking at TurboXS and Corksport, and it seems that wherever I look, they are both on backorder. Would I really just be better off to get the downpipe only, and have some local exhaust shop fab up some three inch stainless steel with flanges to stick in there (I want to be able to go back to stockish). And how exactly do I approach that, seeing as we have a cat on the midpipe (as BS a law as that is)...

you have to keep in mind the MS3 is a limited production car, so they arent gonna make 10,000 midpipes and have them laying around..they probably make them 2 or 3 dozen at a time, and then sell them until they run out.

The MS3 is an oddball because its a limited car, but a larger percent of owners modify them, so original projected demand on most parts is probably lower than it is in actually. This makes the demand higher than the supply.

I figured as much, it just seems weird. I could understanding waiting times for downpipes and such, but mid pipes? I guess I can see it. I'm just annoyed that I'm looking for the TurboXS downpipe and midpipe, and it looks like the only way is to buy the two together, bleh.

Just a s*** day and I'm ranting now...

Corksport should have both DP and mid pipe in stock...just ordered the TBE! I would say go for that...You can put the stock midpipe back in for emission testing, or get a high flow cat welded in or something (that's what I'm probably going to look in to)

Corksport should have both DP and mid pipe in stock...just ordered the TBE! I would say go for that...You can put the stock midpipe back in for emission testing, or get a high flow cat welded in or something (that's what I'm probably going to look in to)

I want to get the Corksport midpipe and downpipe, but I want to be able to pay for it today and have it in the mail on the way before Friday.

Back