anyone into aviation?

I was real big into hanging out at the local airport when i was a kid. Hoped to be a pilot some day. Wish it would have happened. Still find planes fascinating.

I used to hang out at the airport a lot and fly with my father a lot when I was younger. My father is a flight instructor and had his own 135 Charter service. I will get my license sometime soon I hope. My dad is still a CFI so i can save some money. We currently have a grass strip at our house and an empty 40x40 hangar.

My father is going to build something or get something like a supercub. I have been looking at Cherokee 140s to buy as my first plane. It won't operate in and out of our strip but it is a rather inexpensive plane to buy. Cessna 150 is too small for me.

The last plane we (my dad) had was a Piper Aztec with full de-ice equipment and a stormscope. We made a few trips from MA to FL in that plane. Its getting to be an awful expensive hobby.

Same here; huge aviation buff and hung out at the airport.....same dreams, aspirations...

Anyone been to the Osh Kosh, Wi show (midwest folks mostly)?..I keep saying I'd go but never do..

Back