Anyone have a "popping" noise?

antilleybomb

:
Black Cherry Mica 06' MS6
My husband is a Volvo mechanic and put my MS6 on a lift today to see if he could find the source of this popping noise I have in the front. He says the axle on the passenger side, going into the differential is loose and thinks it's a bearing because none of the other axles are loose. The CV joints are all good. Has anyone had this problem and if so, do you know what the fix is?

I hear/feel it the most when the car is cold (this may not be of any significance) and it happens when turning and when I accelerate like after stopping at a stop sign/red light.

I had a very similar thing happen to my car under the same exact circumstances (car cold, turning/accelerating from a stop). I had upgraded my rear motor mount but not my passenger mount. Came to find out that my passenger mount had gone bad. When I looked at it after removing it, there was zero oil/fluid/whatever in it and there was a small hole in the bottom. I could also tell where whatever was in it had leaked into the engine bay. Replaced it with a new and upgraded one...problem solved.

Hopefully that helps.

USAFVMI08 said exactly what I was thinking. I had the same pop from the passenger front of my car when accelerating, and even shifting sometimes. Replacing the passenger side mount solved the issue.

Is it a popping or a clicking? There was a TSB on clicking from the front axles on take off. The dust shield for the ABS sensor on the axle causes some slip between the face of the hub and drive axle. They listed some updated parts to fix it. A light film of grease applied to the surfaces solves it too.

Back