Anyone get the ecu reflash?

SpecialK

Courtesy doesn't know anything about it or anything about the hesitation problem. Does somebody have a contact up there or a good relationship with someone? I sure as hell dont.

I going to Courtesy in Henderson on Monday, because the one on Sahara are morons. Reason why I say that about the Sahara dealership because I went there to get my alarm module replaced for the lights staying on when armed. The service writer told me "we'll have the car for 6 hours". I was like what! I''m here 7am with appointment and I told you what the problem and remedy was. He was like "well we have to run all these tests and the module is hard to get too". I busted up laughing saying "the alarm module is under the steering column held in place with 2 zip ties". Then he gave a dirty look and I turned around and went to henderson. Henderson dealership took the car, had it back in a hour and ordered the module. Major difference. I printed the info that boostisgood put on this board and talk to the cool service writer in the Henderson dealership on Monday. I'll let you know.

Update!

Went to Courtesy of Henderson today, finally got my alarm module in Woohoo!:D Anyways tomorrow I have to go back tomorrow to get installed. While I was there I asked my service writer (Dustin) about this ecu flash and brought him the software numbers from the forum. He already knew about the flash :eek: I was shocked. He said while my module is getting replaced he'll have the tech flash the ecu :D.

Cool, let me know how it goes. I guess I will have to drive it down there when I get a chance to do so. I am really surprised they know about the reflash.

Sup SpecialK,

Well I had to reschedule the appointment for Monday morning. I'm off that day. Work is busy so I had to work overtime. I'll let you know :D

Yeah I got'em on! Thanks again for the sweet deal! The only pic I have is a night pic from our Vegas meet last week. Can't really tell. I'll have to borrow my friend's digi cam for a day pic. I'll post the night pic if you want:D

i think you would be better off going to tustin mazda...
they'll take care of you there. ^_^

SpecialK said:
VegasMSP, did you get the reflash yet?

I keep getting jerked around on this flash at Courtesy. The service writer knows what I was talking about but they are having a hard time finding this update from Mazda. I think they are beyond help there. I gave them the file number, what system they use to download it. I just don't know. Now if I can get the TSB # on this issue maybe they will find it. This sucks! I think the Mazda dealears here in Vegas (3 dealerships, all owned by Courtesy) are lame. They have 4 Mazda mechanics total for all 3 dealerships. None seem to be Mazdaspeed authorized/certified. I'm going back Monday morning. I'll just raise he** again and threaten MazdaUSA on them.

Same s*** I am getting from them, I have an appt on Sat morining on Sahara with the Service Manager, Keely, but I might just say **** it cause I know I'll get the runaround again and I am tired of wasting my time. What about the new dealership, People's? They are not a Mazdaspeed dealer but could they still help? There is no TSB for the ecu reflash yet.

actually i just bought my msp from peoples, and when i got it they had to buy it off of courtesy sahara, and i asked them about the flash and they know nothing about it because i was the first msp that they sold, so i went to sahara and they knew nothing, so only best bet is henderson when they get it

Sounds good SpecialK! I'm still working with courtesy of henderson. Me and my friend were talking about making a road trip to california to get the flash done. We should exchange numbers.

SpecialK said:
VegasMSP-
We should see if we can get this thing done at the same time?

Yeah, That sounds good. I also thought about a trip to Cali to get this fixed. Just PM me or something and we can exchange #'s.

Hey Special K,

I just got off the phone w/ courtesy of henderson and I have an appointment for the flash on the 20th. I'm also switching to Mobil1 synthetic oil that day. I'm just bringing them the oil since my service writer told me it will be way cheaper. Let me know if you want to go do this with me or just contact Dustin Bingham at Courtesy of Henderson for appointment. Hope this helps. :D

How many miles you got on your MSP? I am due for my first oil change, I have 2300 miles and want to switch to synthetic as well. Do you think I should wait until I have more miles? I don't know if I can get it done then or not but let me know how it goes. Thanks,I'll let you know.

What's up people? Anyways, i've finally got Courtesy Mazda in Sahara hooked-up w/ the 'flash' info, and got my MSP done and back today!:)

Yes, I agree that Courtesy sucks major ass as far as getting anything done! They had to keep my speed over night in order to change some coolant hoses (again) as well as getting the flash.

I just can't believe how slow and stupid these people are!! Everytime I ask to speak w/ a MazdaSpeed tech, they keep on handing me over to some jackass that could'nt find his head if it were stuck up his ass!!!:mad: But last I heard, People's is supposed to have 3 MazdaSpeed techs coming before the end of the year. This I found out from their service manager Steve at the Italian festival.

But anyways...give the Sahara location a call and ask for Vern (service manager), and he should hook you up w/ no prob.:cool:

Oh by the way...(not trying to thread jack or anything), does anyone know of a good window tinting place in town that does'nt charge a butt-load to tint my ride? Any info would be great. Thanks!!(thumb)

Back