Another Turbo Upgrade Plan

Here's the way I'm thinking about going when i upgrade my turbo in order to save a $$$ and receive the same level of performance/quality.

1. Turbo capable of producing 400-425 (crank HP), Internal wastegate, 3" inlet. (Any suggestions?)
2. Custom Manifold with appropriate flange
3. MS3 3" DP with modified flange/bellmouth to mate to turbo, Custom DP, DP/with v-band adapter

what about using an adaptor flange to mate a turbo to our manifold (ie. flange capable of mating 20g evo turbo to a ms3 manifold)?

Hit up Race Roots. They are building a new turbo kit. Fully complete w/ FMIC, SRI, EWG, DP, Mani and turbo of your choice. It looks pretty sweet too.

The Race Roots stuff looks nice, but it is certainly not a "budget" option.

How much power are you looking to make, OP? How much do you want to spend?

Today i got a nice box from S*, that included my cp forged pistons (std bore), and pauter rods. I'm going to rock a T3/TO4e 50 trim. After the longblock is finished being built, the plan is to take it to inline racing, racewonturbo or another shop in Houston that can fab up a manifold and mod/fab DP to fit my turbo and a tial 38mm non v-band flanged ewg. Ill be tuning with the AP and will try to get the car tuned by Cobb in Plano.

Last edited:
Some stuff that has showed up

CIMG2549.jpg

CIMG2557.jpg

CIMG2550.jpg

CIMG2551.jpg

I stand corrected. I can't believe that somebody with such a low post count, that posted an advice wanted question, followed through on a build. Good shiatsu man.

Back