another motor bites the dust

sp33d6

:
mazdaspeed 6
last night was responding to a fire call and i suddenly heard knocking coming from the engine bay.. stopped the car and went to investigate. sounds like rod knock although i hope to god i'm wrong. car is staying parked till i can get it looked at but thought i'd share. and ask if there are any places i can go for a cheap mzr motor if i need to. any info or if this has happened to anyone before any advice would be great. i just pray its not as bad as it sounds. i'll update this thread as i find out more.. oh and happy easter to all

last night was responding to a fire call and i suddenly heard knocking coming from the engine bay.. stopped the car and went to investigate. sounds like rod knock although i hope to god i'm wrong. car is staying parked till i can get it looked at but thought i'd share. and ask if there are any places i can go for a cheap mzr motor if i need to. any info or if this has happened to anyone before any advice would be great. i just pray its not as bad as it sounds. i'll update this thread as i find out more.. oh and happy easter to all

Sorry again dude, that stinks. Where you running completely stock? I didn't see any mods in your sigs. Hopefully you can get a good deal from P3. The ONLY plus side to bending a rod, is that it's a good excuse for a full build (yes)
I hope to see you sniffing out a map for a 3076 in the next few months... ;)

thanks.. no not stock i have: ptp sst, pg exhaust mani, cork sport dp (non catted), test pipe, magnaflow catback, h&r springs, turbosmart bov, grimspeed boost solinoid, meth injection, cobb ap, cpe fmic, cpe cai, cobb turbo inlet, lighter shift weight, balance shaft delete, spin on oil filter conversion.. and yeah looking like a motor build in my future although i have no idea what i'm doing so i gotta do some research first

thanks.. no not stock i have: ptp sst, pg exhaust mani, cork sport dp (non catted), test pipe, magnaflow catback, h&r springs, turbosmart bov, grimspeed boost solinoid, meth injection, cobb ap, cpe fmic, cpe cai, cobb turbo inlet, lighter shift weight, balance shaft delete, spin on oil filter conversion.. and yeah looking like a motor build in my future although i have no idea what i'm doing so i gotta do some research first

Wow, that's a nice set-up! Yeah, always a good idea to do your homework for sure. Well, best of luck with everything, and keep us posted.

update.. well put the car back to stock and going to take it to a dealer to see if i can get a free engine out of this.. car goes in tomorrow wish me all sorts of luck

this is the first one i've seen with the BSD that has had any issues. i know a lot of people thought that was a possible fix for the bent rods.

Back