Aftermarket Rims

Soze,
I've got the same tires and they're friggin sweet. I've barely got them to chirp around a corner and I drive pretty spirited. Like 70+ down a 35mph cloverleaf.

Not on the car yet, let alone mounted with the tires, but I'll update more when I get them on.
5Zigen ProRacer ZR+520 CeramicBronze 18x7.5 +53offset
Yokohama ParadaSpec2 215/35/18

DSC_0023.jpg

Last edited:
Ohhhh man! Those were the wheels I was originally going to get. Very good choice. Post pics when you get them on the car.

I'll definetly be posting pics with them on. Let me ask you a question about your lugs....in this pic there is only a cap on one of the lugs, any reason for that? Love the wheels you have too! Look great on your car.

picture.JPG

18x7.5 Buddy Club P1 Racing SF
+42 offset
Pirelli P-Zero Nero 215/35/18

I'll definetly be posting pics with them on. Let me ask you a question about your lugs....in this pic there is only a cap on one of the lugs, any reason for that? Love the wheels you have too! Look great on your car.

I can't wait!

The lug with the cap is the one that requires a key to take off (5Zigen Pro Racer extended lugs).

Thanks for the props (burnout)

I guess I'll have to go with 215/35/18. I don't understand why every single wheel website I go to suggests 215/40/18 for the Mazdaspeed Protege.

Im not really understanding either, I went to a shop and they suggested that I get 215/40/18 over 215/35/18 as well as all of the websites. Why are the 35's better ?

Im not really understanding either, I went to a shop and they suggested that I get 215/40/18 over 215/35/18 as well as all of the websites. Why are the 35's better ?

Because it keeps the same tire ratio, but there's a chance of rubbing the fenders with 215/40/18.

Wow, forgot about this thread. Here's some pics I promised. (although I'm sure alot of you have seen them already)
5Zigen ProRacer ZR+520 CeramicBronze 18x7.5 +53offset
Yokohama ParadaSpec2 215/35/18

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

greasemonkey524, that color wheel works perfect on a spicy msp! nice pick

Id like to rock 18s but 215/35/18 is just not enough tire for my tastes

Because it keeps the same tire ratio, but there's a chance of rubbing the fenders with 215/40/18.

According to the Tire Calculator, the 40's are closer to the stock size. I just got a set of 18x7.5 +45 rims. I should get the 35's to be safe? Also the roads in our city are crap would 35's be too thin?

According to the Tire Calculator, the 40's are closer to the stock size. I just got a set of 18x7.5 +45 rims. I should get the 35's to be safe? Also the roads in our city are crap would 35's be too thin?

35's to be safe to avoid fender rubbing. But 35's would not be enough cushion to save your rims from the potholes. So I'd say just run 17's...Unless you have a high offset wheel like +53mm or something, then you can run 40's.

Those wheels do look good. Not sure about the blue stripe, I think I'd have to see it in person to actually make a decision on it though. Definetly haven't seen it done before though.

Thanks! I'm always checking the tire pressure cause it never seems like it's where it should be. Can definetly tell a difference in the skinnier tire compared to stock.

I agree. That's why I'm gonna push the limits with a 225/40 tire

Those wheels do look good. Not sure about the blue stripe, I think I'd have to see it in person to actually make a decision on it though. Definetly haven't seen it done before though.

Thanks! I'm always checking the tire pressure cause it never seems like it's where it should be. Can definetly tell a difference in the skinnier tire compared to stock.

thanks man. i'm on the wall about it. if i end up not liking it. i'll get them refinished. no real issue.

Back