Adjustable Mazda 2 Struts/Shocks

Since I installed my rear shocks there had been a clunking noise coming from the back of the car, and it got worse as time went on. Today I took the shocks off and discovered that the top part of the strut was loose from the bottom. I determined that the nut between the rubber dust boot and the adjuster needed to be tightened up against the top part of the strut. I tightened this nut up finger-tight when I installed the shocks but it backed off.
IMG_10741_zpsed1e08a9.png

I couldn't get a standard crescent wrench over the nut because the space between the rubber boot and adjuster bracket is too narrow. Basically, what you will have to do is screw the black frame that surrounds the adjustment knob upwards (this may require you to loosen the small allen nut on the adjustment knob so you can slide it upwards slightly). Screwing the adjustment frame upwards should give you the room you need to get your wrench on the nut and tighten it against the frame.

Just an FYI but we have our springs sorted out for the Mazda 2 now. We are looking at a 1.75 drop in the front and 1.5 for the rear. I should have some release data for them in the upcoming weeks.

-Derrick

Just an FYI but we have our springs sorted out for the Mazda 2 now. We are looking at a 1.75 drop in the front and 1.5 for the rear. I should have some release data for them in the upcoming weeks.

-Derrick

Sweet!!! Progressive or linear?

I gotta say that I found my sweet spot with these today. To me they are perfect at 4 in the front and 6 in the rear. My wife (who's 5 months pregnant) doesn't mind the ride either. Combined with the H&R's the ride is just stiff enough to not be too uncomfortable on crappy SoCal roads.

I have to keep all of mine on 1 to keep my car from shaking as much on the interstate :[
Around 7 seems to be the sweet spot for the Eibachs though.

Here are the sheets for the fronts.

Softest setting

Mazda-2-adjustable-shocks-soft.jpg

step 5

Mazda-2-adjustable-shocks-5.jpg

Step 10

Mazda-2-adjustable-shocks-10.jpg

Hardest setting

Mazda-2-adjustable-shocks-hard.jpg

If anyone has any questions let me know.

-Derrick

Has anybody tried these shocks with stock springs yet? I want a sportier suspension, but can't afford to lose ride height for the winter. The ruts are so deep in my city at points that it's almost scraping at stock height.

We did run them on stock springs, the height stays the same. With the dampening turned up you can tell the ride feels more responsive. You do get some decent roll still with the stock spring rate.

-Derrick

We did run them on stock springs, the height stays the same. With the dampening turned up you can tell the ride feels more responsive. You do get some decent roll still with the stock spring rate.

-Derrick

Well I guess I better get sway bars and chassis bracing too then!

I'll double check to see if I could afford losing a couple inches, but I'm doubtful. I'd have no reservations if this wasn't my year-round DD.

[edit] Just read that the Racing Beat springs only have a sub-1-inch drop. I could probably live with that.

Last edited:
With the racing beat springs, corksport front and rear bars, and OEM dampers, my car handles very well and has just a little body roll. It is a HUGE improvement over stock and actually handles like a proper sports car. I do plan on adding the corksport dampers this year for further improvement in handling and ride quality.

For those who asked in the past, we are very close to releasing our springs and will have a shock/spring package deal available.

-Derrick

Back