Adjust lights after HID install

Demonic-Speed

:
2003.5 MSP
So tonight I was getting flashed by ever MOFO on the road. Don't know what it was about tonight. So when I got home I adjusted the headlights so they aim down more. Has anyone else had to adjust their lights after installing HID's? Before tonight I would get flashed about once a week.

it's not just about aiming the headlights down, it's about the glare that the stock reflectors cause.

it's because our cars headlights are not designed for H.I.D, the reflector setup isn't right for the HID bulb, aiming them down may help out a lil bit but they are always going to have glare....not stopping me from buying them tho:Dlol but thats just the reality none the less
peace
dante

edit^ yup beat me to it

not really...its a reflector issue the bulb iirc is just to long and it doesn't reflect the sameway a halegon bulb does so theres always goingg to be glare
actually only way i could think of would be to retrofit some projectors into your headlight housings that are designed for an hid bulb

^ Exactly ^

The housing is not designed for HID bulbs. You can put them in, but its not correct.

actually one otherthing i just thought of is those tinted overlays...its not going to get rid of glare but it may reduce how bright it is to on coming traffic only thing that sucks is if i had hid's i wouldn't really want anything blocking how they truly look

Tell me about it. Personally I love them though and will not change them for anything. Everyone once in a while a dickhead will flash me but there are many vehicles now with bright ass lights especially those big ass SUV's. Life is tough people just have to deal with them. I deal with them from others.

^ to bad you guys don't have highbeams anymore that'd be funny to flash them back and really blind them

The problem Dante is that these people really think that I am driving with my beams on. They cannot tell the difference and i guess can't see the blue tint in them. I love them because I can see everything and all signs, especially white, really pop with these lights.

yeah i kno....i love my yellow headlights tho:D
i think i'm gonna get a white hid kit with yellow headlight overlays so i can have yellow hid's

I just installed a xenon depot 6000k hid kit and no ones flashed me so far. I know the 6000k's are not as bright as the 4000k's, so maybe thats the difference, which did you get?

shaun (canada)

I have 8000k in mine and I have only been flashed maybe 10 times since November. I have never been flashed by a car, only by bigger trucks or SUV's. I had friends drive in front of me until I had them adjusted so that they didn't bother them in the rear view. I guess it worked ok, I can see and I dont get flashed .

Back