Added a 2nd Mazda to the family stable

blue-sun

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3
I have owned my 08.5 MS3 since new and recently my wife's car (08 Edge AWD) started acting up, so we started looking at smaller SUV's and she decided on a 2015 CX5 AWD Touring with moonroof and Bose.

Here's our stable with my car and her new car:

10731088_10152375704616109_5954108805541396727_n.jpg

Already pulled the DRL fuse tonight at her request and tints on the front windows will be installed this weekend.

Overall she's pleased with the car, but it's only been about 24 hours with the car.

Nice! Looks alot like my garage except my MS3 is TrueRed (also an 08.5) and the wife's CX5 is CPW.

And there's no way you'd ever find a bears flag in my garage, Go Pack!

Curious, why do you not like the DRLs being on?

Personally, I don't like the look of the car with the DRL's on during the day, she found them annoying as well. And you know, happy wife, happy life.

Nice! Looks alot like my garage except my MS3 is TrueRed (also an 08.5) and the wife's CX5 is CPW.

And there's no way you'd ever find a bears flag in my garage, Go Pack!

I'll keep this civil and not say anything about your pompus coach or closeted QB and his "beard" GF. Nice stable, I'm sure we could get along aside from the football stuff. ;)

You may want to reconsider turning the DRLs back on. There is a reason cars began having these installed. The average study show a 10% decrease in fatal accidents (curiously a 10% higher rate of motorcycle impacts ... like moths to a flame?)

Here is the government study.
http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/811029.pdf

If DRL really DID help deter accidents, then why hasn't they mandated them in all cars? Since it's not something that's mandatory, we'll leave them off for now, as a personal preference.

If DRL really DID help deter accidents, then why hasn't they mandated them in all cars? Since it's not something that's mandatory, we'll leave them off for now, as a personal preference.

My understanding is, they are required in Canada, so, it's easier to make them all the same, instead of having a Canadian version and a USA version.

(dunno)
My understanding is, they are required in Canada, so, it's easier to make them all the same, instead of having a Canadian version and a USA version.

Isn't there already a Canadian version and a USA version despite the fact that they both have daytime running lights?

(dunno)

(dunno)

Isn't there already a Canadian version and a USA version despite the fact that they both have daytime running lights?

(dunno)

Yep. here our gauges are in Km/h, L/km, and odmeter in Km.

Thats pretty much it... I think.

Personally I like that cars have rdl's specially the nicer del ones, and I think there should be an equivalent for the tail lights... Rear rdls... at least this way, people that forget to turn on their lights at night or in the rain, would be more visible.

Yep. here our gauges are in Km/h, L/km, and odmeter in Km.

Thats pretty much it... I think.

Personally I like that cars have rdl's specially the nicer del ones, and I think there should be an equivalent for the tail lights... Rear rdls... at least this way, people that forget to turn on their lights at night or in the rain, would be more visible.

That was my wife's major complaint about them, seeing people who forget to turn their lights on at night because of DRL's.

Back