6th generation Toyota Camry

palerider

:
mazdaspeed3 black mica
Has anybody drivin, or raced one of these and laughed at how fast it is. The 07-08's.

My neighbor across the street has one and he drives it like Batman. He is on his third transmission because he keeps it in that automanual mode like 99% of the time...lol But anyway his car was as fast as mine was stock. It was a drivers race. I couldnt believe how fast that crazy wheelhoppin mf'in camry was. If you never been in an auto camry while its wheelhopping onto an interstate... then let me tell you.... you have got to see it to believe it...lol.

I think a good driver in an MS3 would win though.....same hp, but MS3 is little lighter, and its a sixspeed. But that could also be the kiss of death in a race if you misshifted at all.

There was a mag comparison where we even came in 3rd for speed... under 25k, for maybe 0-60 times? behind the WRX, and lol...a fwd camry. Has anybody seen this?

Well anyway the purpose of my thread is to say... how fast is our car really, when auto Camry XLEs can run us? And also... he is totally bummed to see my car getting bolted to hell, across the street, when he has this v6 in his driveway that doesnt even have an exhaust upgrade available yet....lol. serves him right!!

Does anybody have any suggestions I can give him on how he can get a little more power?

Anyway.... I started this thread because he was screwing with me last night about his car being faster... and its been cracking me up a little all day thinking about how his DAMN camry can even be in the discussion with my MS3....

Last edited:
Has anybody drivin, or raced one of these and laughed at how fast it is. The 06-07's.

My neighbor across the street has one and he drives it like Batman. He is on his third transmission because he keeps it in that automanual mode like 99% of the time...lol But anyway his car was as fast as mine was stock. It was a drivers race. I couldnt believe how fast that crazy wheelhoppin mf'in camry was. If you never been in an auto camry while its wheelhopping onto an interstate... then let me tell you.... you have got to see it to believe it...lol.

I think a good driver in an MS3 would win though.....same hp, but MS3 is little lighter, and its a sixspeed. But that could also be the kiss of death in a race if you misshifted at all.

There was a mag comparison where we even came in 3rd for speed... under 25k, for maybe 0-60 times? behind the WRX, and lol...a fwd camry. Has anybody seen this?

Well anyway the purpose of my thread is to say... how fast is our car really, when auto Camry XLEs can run us? And also... he is totally bummed to see my car getting bolted to hell, across the street, when he has this v6 in his driveway that doesnt even have an exhaust upgrade available yet....lol. serves him right!!

Does anybody have any suggestions I can give him on how he can get a little more power?

Anyway.... I started this thread because he was screwing with me last night about his car being faster... and its been cracking me up a little all day thinking about how his DAMN camry can even be in the discussion with my MS3....
The XLE is testing at mid-6's for the 0-60, and has much lower torque than the MS3, and weighs about 400 pnds more. How in the HELL are you losing to that car in any sort of straight line race?

The XLE is testing at mid-6's for the 0-60, and has much lower torque than the MS3, and weighs about 400 pnds more. How in the HELL are you losing to that car in any sort of straight line race?

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/12396/the-quickest-cars-of-2007-20000-to-25000.html

Car and Driver tested it at 5.8 seconds. The car is not in the mid 6s. No way. They also ran the 1/4 at 14.3@99. With a 5 mph roll his car goes 0-60 in 6.1 and MS3 was 6.7 Those were the numbers.

I couldnt beat him when I was stock because he was just as fast as me....simple. Professional drivers in the MS3 couldnt beat the damn Camry and neither could I. Its automatic and he just floors it. Maybe if I was flatshifting it would be different. I think thats where we got the better published times.... the 5.4 0-60 and the 14.0@101 that everyone quotes.

The whole point is Ive got to be balls out racing and shifting to barely beat him.... just stomping on his automatic. Its astounding. You have to live it to believe it.

BTW... I could walk him pretty good now:)

Last edited:
I dont want this to be construed as a street racing thread.

We dont race. We havent raced . We fool around on the way to work sometimes if we both leave around the same time. Thats all.

And I have driven his car. Its silly fast for a fwd sedan.... silly fast.

The accord/altima/camry v6 models are all pretty quick for fwd "family" sedans. Those v6 engines are really strong engines. I don't think I'd actually want to drive any of them though, I guess it comes down to personal taste.

I dont want this to be construed as a street racing thread.

We dont race. We havent raced . We fool around on the way to work sometimes if we both leave around the same time. Thats all.

And I have driven his car. Its silly fast for a fwd sedan.... silly fast.
Yeah but that Camry has a s*** auto trans, because it's an auto, and Toyota F'd up on the thing, the MS3 is faster than that thing hands down.

And lets not forget, it's a Camry.

Yeah but that Camry has a s*** auto trans, because it's an auto, and Toyota F'd up on the thing, the MS3 is faster than that thing hands down.

I know..I know...Its a "camry". Thats my whole point.

I just read a chick on dragtimes.com, that ran a 14.3, I think @97-98. That would beat half the drivers on this board in their MS3's. It takes a guy that knows how to drive(launch and shift) to beat that number.

Either way its a damn drivers race even though we have a little more power, supposedly, and less weight. The numbers are the numbers.... Im magazine racing here.

And I have driven the thing. It made me laugh the first time I punched it.

Its faster than your giving it credit for and it would whomp an Azera...it just would.

lol...at the transmission. I know my neighbor is on his third with less than 40k on his car. They suck. But he drives like a maniac, redlining his manumatic or whatever its called everywhere he goes.

I think they had a huge recall for V6 camrys on transmissions.

Ive worked on these cars they are beasts. i never thought that i would like a camry but this one is not a bad car its also a 6spd auto of course but still a six speed. its not a slow car.

hey !!!!!!!look at my sig.!!!!!!!!see te camry !!!!!!!!!1it's my friends, and lt me tell u, it haul asss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if caught off guard, even with a milesecond on a shift, that thing will take off for sure. also the advantage is that its automatic, meaning that every shift is perfect !!! Trust me, i've fooled around plenty of times, with a good tuning, that thing CAN be an animal.....anyways, stock for stock, it's a driver's race...:)

LOL! I went and test drove one while shopping (I had already pretty much settled on the MS3) because I wanted to check out the competition. The thing definitely had power! Frigging nice inside too!

I didn't go with it because the car I drove was $31,000 (which I figured I could drive away for $28,000... maybe), and at that point I would have preferred the Honda Accord V6 (with 3 and 4 cylinder modes for fuel economy) which pretty much has the exact same specs (same size engine down to the CC I think, same HP, same torque, same everything). Also, had I committed to $28,000 for an Accord/Camry, it wouldn't have been much of a stretch to go for a used Evo...

Ok this whole thread dies as soon as someone says:TURN
MS3 is not a particularly fast dragster and there are a LOT of cars out there that can equal it or beat it.... if you really want to compare the Camry in something other than a 0-60 drag race ask yourself this:
1. How well does it handle
2. How well does it stop
3. How well does it give driver input

Suspect you will find the Camry will fall flat on all 3
And I wouldnt drive a Camry because I cant see myself driving what EVERYONE but their mother drives... Accord/Civics/Camrys - Sorry but in LA that is just so overdone it isnt even funny (BMW 3 series is getting there)

hmm... BMW 3 series is already there... Check cosumer reports, the ave buyer of the 3 series is 32 yrs old...42 percent are women ;)

ewwwwww you put the beatiful mazdaspeed3 in the same paragraph with the ugly ass camry ew ew ewwwwwwww... i dont care how fast it is, its damn ugly, toyotas fell off... all their pos's are ugly, the ones that are currently in production... matrix camry corolla ughhh soo uglyyyyy ewwww excluding lexus's even though they are toyotas... gotta admit mazdas make the most beautiful cars out of every other jap company

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure toyota owners don't care eighter of what u think of their cars:). Heck, maybe they think the same way about mazdas, considering the word FORD always get thrown in once i awhile :). But all in all, it boils down to opinions of what people like and what people want to drive.

Just respect the fact that people love their cars no matter what it is. Not all of us are boy racers, sum of us like comfort, practicalitity , and also safety :)

the new accord coupe v6 is gonna be a beast too. it's a 268hp 3.5L v6...+_+;

looks like c&d's first test came up with 5.8sec 0-60 and 14.4sec 1/4. sounds like a respectable set of numbers to me! =d

I get to drive one all the time since my wife has one :) 07 Camry SE V6 and it does haul ass. I never tracked it though but it's also a great car for driving across the county, we did that this last summer. I don't think I would want to drive my MS3 2000 miles in 2 days, my butt would be numb.

Back