626 manifold quetsion....yet another thread

ok so the pre 2000 626 mani's wont work for us.... is there any way just by looking at it if its a pre 2000 or not? I have a 626 without the butterflies but, IDK if its a pre 2000 or not...

The simple way to prevent the bogging is to let the car warm up before you take off. Something that should be done with or without the manifold...also dont start the car with the a/c on helps

This is probably a question you guys have heard b4 but anyway...I just installed the 626 mani and i cant get the support bracket for the manifold to line up so I can fit the two screws back in...any tips?

This is probably a question you guys have heard b4 but anyway...I just installed the 626 mani and i cant get the support bracket for the manifold to line up so I can fit the two screws back in...any tips?

Yes, place a couple washers between the bracket and the engine.

Well yes, of course you want screws in there to hold the bracket in place. By placing a couple washers between the block and the bracket, you push it out enough to line up with the holes on the bottom of the intake manifold.

I know that these manifolds cause harder starts but i was expecting this in the fall and winter. It was like 58 this morning and I started my car and it died... I started it up again and it wanted to die until i gave it some gas...I had to give it hella gas to get it moving and out of the drive way...WTF!! any tips on how to best deal with this and how hard will it be to start when its 30?

i don't understand this....i've never had this issue....but then again the coldest my car has seen is 40F.
chec your exhaust mani/O2 sensor

I didn't have to put any washers, I had bought them, but then I loosened the bottom screws that attach the bracket to the engine block, and it slides up a little, and the bracket lined right up with the 626 IM then, w/o any washers needed, not sure if you gave that a shot yet, but it worked for me.

I know that these manifolds cause harder starts but i was expecting this in the fall and winter. It was like 58 this morning and I started my car and it died... I started it up again and it wanted to die until i gave it some gas...I had to give it hella gas to get it moving and out of the drive way...WTF!! any tips on how to best deal with this and how hard will it be to start when its 30?

When you first installed it, it did that to mine kinda, just start it up sometime and let it idol for a while so the ECU can relearn how to idle with it, if you let it do that for a good 5-10min you should be good for a while, I noticed that when it is like that, and if you give it gas, it will die when you let it off really quickly, more so than if you just let it go without any gas (if it dies anyways all the time, than of course you would have to give it gas, but try a couple times with just letting it go).. if that doesn't work and it still dies, check your boost gauge, and also make sure that you put the throttle body cable back on correctly so that it closed completely, I had to put my cable on before I bolted that bracket that holds the cable back onto the TB (but then again that might make it over rev I just realized.. so I dono, give those things a shot)

Whats up guys I have another question. My intake manifold is on and it runs great! What are good vac numbers? At idle I'm running like 16-18 in/hg and while driving it's running at like 22-24 in/hg. Does this indicate a Vac leak? Also, if this is a Vac leak would this cause me to hit boost cut?

would the mani fit a fs-ze motor? Im in the process of doing header, exhaust, and why not mani at the same time

so then whats the difference with a high flow intake manifold made for a protege running 319.00 to a 323 manifold bought brand new? what's the better decision out of this?

ok i know this is a old thread but i need to know! im building a fully built 2.0l N/A NO BOOST!!! and i have this same manifold like in the first page and i just need to know if there will be a gain if i port and polish it to match my speedcircuit Ported Head??? any help would be great thanks!!!

Back