626 manifold quetsion....yet another thread

Alejo_NIN

:
RadonElement.Com
update!!!

the pre 2001 626 manifold is a GO!!!

pictures to prove it!!
the fuel rair pictured here, is the stock 626 fuel rail...i could probably use the mazdaspeed one, but i'm yet to see if it fits...

throttlebody fits perfectly too...

100_5377.JPG

100_5349.JPG

100_5350.JPG

100_5351.JPG

100_5352.JPG

100_5353.JPG

100_5354.JPG

100_5355.JPG

100_5356.JPG

100_5357.JPG

it will be going into my car this weekend....

hopefully it will do some good...i'm tired of dual runners....

i'm selling the manifolds for 120 bucks shipped....

thnx
ok, i've heard alot about this stupid manifold..
the thing is that everytime i hit the junk yards, i never seem to find any 2001+ 626's!!!

all i see is 93-97 mx-6 probes and 626

now, why sin't those manifolds good?
won't they bolt?
too small?
too short?
too long?
too many questions?

i need to know this...
i might be the first one to ever try one of this manifolds and let the world know that is not only 2001+ 626's but also ANY FS-DE engine intake manifold

can someone come up with a justification as to why not to use the older 626 manifold?

_-(UPDATE)-_
*other* Manifold:
usmani.jpg

Protege Garage Manifold:
usmani2.jpg

These are pictures of the 626 93-97 Manifold with stock 626 fuel rail:

mani1.jpg

mani2.jpg

mani3.jpg

mani4.jpg

mani5.jpg

mani6.jpg

mani7.jpg

mani9.jpg

Last edited:
low_psi said:
The fuel rail mounting is different, aswell as the injector bung size.
don't tell me that's it!!!

you are lying (j/k)

is that it??

i swear they're the same...as i can test this weekend (and will do it)

Those are the differences on a <2000 626 manifold. I also think the throttle body mounting(or EGR) is different

well, i don't really care about EGR because i will be removing that anyway as most people remove as well(where there aren't any emissions done)

GhostMercury said:
so if i go to the junk yard i have to find a 2001 and up 626

oh, you thought it was any 626? lol

yes sir...if not, i would've done this a LONG time ago...300 dollars for a used manifold is alot
i can get them for 30 bucks a piece at the local junk yard

that's why i wanna try this...if it works..i'll be selling 626 manis for about 80 dollars :p

o and about the egr..my dad mention somthing about it stoping or lowering detonation..so why are you removing it?

Alejo_NIN said:
300 dollars for a used manifold is alot
i can get them for 30 bucks a piece at the local junk yard

that's why i wanna try this...if it works..i'll be selling 626 manis for about 80 dollars :p
i hope you aren't insinuating i sell used manifolds. (pissed) i charge $300 because i buy them new from mazda. i'll give anyone who wants the part number that number and they can see for themselves how much the dealer will try and nail you for it. even with my wholesale discount, i'm not getting rich off these things and resent it when people think i am. we already established that another vendor was selling reconditioned ones for $500 plus, part of the reason i started selling them to begin with.

i started out selling used manifolds and kept getting ones with the butterflies and smaller intake ports even when the yards swore up and down they were the right manifolds. i also bought so many of them that the supply of "cheap manifolds" was pretty much exhausted at that point. do a search at car-part.com on these, most range between $175 and $100, the cheapest ones marked being $75. And while they come up under the category of "4 cylinder standard emissions" i guarantee you some of those, especially the ones marked as year 2000 interchangable, will have butterflies in them. i also got tired of cleaning them out and stripping the broken throttle bodies and busted fuel rails off of them, not to mention peeling the hardened gasket from the flange. tons of fun, i tell ya. if you think you'll be able to get a bunch and sell them for $80, by all means knock yourself out. i got out of the used manifold game because the cost, the hassle, the uncertainty and the mess of doing them ended up equalling the profit/loss made by simply ordering correct new ones from mazda.

not trying to be a jerk here, so if i come across that way, sorry.

GhostMercury said:
o and about the egr..my dad mention somthing about it stoping or lowering detonation..so why are you removing it?

the EGR puts exhaust gas back into the intake manifold. it makes detonation and pre-ignition more of a problem.

ken relax dude

damn
i'm not trying to rain on your parade
i've never said you sold crappy manifolds
as a matter of fact, i installed one of your manifold on miguels car..so stop saying i wanna take you out of business

it was just a joke...there is no profit to be made from this manifolds unless the person that gets them is ready to clean them and do all the s*** that you do

i'm sorry if you misunderstood but it sucks that after all the s*** i've done for you, you come and say that wanna take away your business
gimme a break dude

and yes, i will try to find something cheaper
and yes i will post it here if i find it because the communty deserves to have options..i don't believe in a monopoly and if someones begs me to buy one then i'll sell them mine...i have as much right to sell them as you....that's if, as i said, they want to just get a CORE product wihtout any kind of cleaning/modifications...

Captain KRM P5 said:
i hope you aren't insinuating i sell used manifolds. (pissed) i charge $300 because i buy them new from mazda. i'll give anyone who wants the part number that number and they can see for themselves how much the dealer will try and nail you for it. even with my wholesale discount, i'm not getting rich off these things and resent it when people think i am. we already established that another vendor was selling reconditioned ones for $500 plus, part of the reason i started selling them to begin with.

i started out selling used manifolds and kept getting ones with the butterflies and smaller intake ports even when the yards swore up and down they were the right manifolds. i also bought so many of them that the supply of "cheap manifolds" was pretty much exhausted at that point. do a search at car-part.com on these, most range between $175 and $100, the cheapest ones marked being $75. And while they come up under the category of "4 cylinder standard emissions" i guarantee you some of those, especially the ones marked as year 2000 interchangable, will have butterflies in them. i also got tired of cleaning them out and stripping the broken throttle bodies and busted fuel rails off of them, not to mention peeling the hardened gasket from the flange. tons of fun, i tell ya. if you think you'll be able to get a bunch and sell them for $80, by all means knock yourself out. i got out of the used manifold game because the cost, the hassle, the uncertainty and the mess of doing them ended up equalling the profit/loss made by simply ordering correct new ones from mazda.

not trying to be a jerk here, so if i come across that way, sorry.

i probably misunderstood what you were trying to say at first. sorry i got so defensive, i just hear this kind of stuff all the time from people with less than honorable intentions. i literally see a thread a week where people make blanket statements and assumptions about the issue despite what has already been said.

i recognize and appreciate everything you have done on my behalf, make no mistake on that.

Alejo_NIN said:
ken relax dude

damn
i'm not trying to rain on your parade
i've never said you sold crappy manifolds
as a matter of fact, i installed one of your manifold on miguels car..so stop saying i wanna take you out of business

it was just a joke...there is no profit to be made from this manifolds unless the person that gets them is ready to clean them and do all the s*** that you do

i'm sorry if you misunderstood but it sucks that after all the s*** i've done for you, you come and say that wanna take away your business
gimme a break dude

and yes, i will try to find something cheaper
and yes i will post it here if i find it because the communty deserves to have options..i don't believe in a monopoly and if someones begs me to buy one then i'll sell them mine...i have as much right to sell them as you....that's if, as i said, they want to just get a CORE product wihtout any kind of cleaning/modifications...

apology accepted
now, get me a beer

on a side note
may you comment on the chances of this manifold actually working?
they don't have any kind of butterflies

anyone have the mazda part # for these things....i haven't tried the junk yards but want to check and see if they would even be available w/out the butterflies in canada.....if not only option may be out of the U.S.

nobody has given a valid answer as to why not use the older 626 manifold..
has nobody tried this before?
why was the 2000+ a better candidate?

EGR
Exhaust Gas Recirculation is used for emission purposes by recirculated unburnt fuel into the chambers...
while this may improve gas mileage..it also contributes to carbon deposits on valves, pistons and intake manifold

in my opinion, a non..so i removed the EGR altogether...

EGR is more important than people think. It is much safer, just because you may not drive in cooler conditions, dosnt mean its not needed.

Back