4-1 thunder headers

luwe

a friend just installed 4-1 headers on his zm-de. he's liking it so far.

505347_106_full.jpg

i think the thunder headers from taiwan cost him something around $230

he hasn't put the car in a dyno so we don't know for sure. but he says it doesn't feel restricted now.

Header. It's a header. There is only one head. If there would two head's, and hence two headers, then it would be headers. Just think.

Those do look damn good though. Is that a Jet Hot finish?

Header it is then. Maybe a moderator can just edit the topic title.

Here are a couple of more pictures.

normal_DSC04835.JPG

normal_DSC04838.JPG

I'll try to locate the shop in taiwan that sells this. My friend got it from someone who imports from Taiwan, i think.

Oh, and I dunno what jet hot finish is supposed to look like but from the pictures it looks very slick.

where ?

was the header direct fit on the car and from where did u buy it???looks great..

luwe said:
Header it is then. Maybe a moderator can just edit the topic title.

Here are a couple of more pictures.

normal_DSC04835.JPG

normal_DSC04838.JPG

I'll try to locate the shop in taiwan that sells this. My friend got it from someone who imports from Taiwan, i think.

Oh, and I dunno what jet hot finish is supposed to look like but from the pictures it looks very slick.

yeah man try finding it from where ur friend got it...

A real header for a 1.6L (boom07) ....looks VERY good quality tooo (first) ....

we need a supplier for it here....Calling all Ken's....

man ive started to make a header but if you can find out were those are sold i will quit and buy that one it looks pretty good

OMFG its a shorty header too so we can stay legal. Too bad its not equal length.
Probubly 5-10 hp. But it's a real header. Thats all that matters.

Ive been playing with the idea of making my own. ( I have a machine shop that I could use whenever I want). But depending on the price, maybe this will get obx off its ass.

TampaSport20 said:
we need a supplier for it here....Calling all Ken's....

lol, just get me thier contact information and i'll do my best to get a hookup...

you could stay legal with it if you can avoid the dreaded check engine light and they don't do mandatory sniffer exams

Captain KRM P5 said:
you could stay legal with it if you can avoid the dreaded check engine light and they don't do mandatory sniffer exams

1.6L's only have one cat and this has the necessary 02 bung...looks fine to me....

Hey guys my friend hasn't been online on Yahoo Messenger for some time so I haven't tracked down the taiwan shop.

But this is the guy that imported it here to the Philippines. You guys might want to try and contact him:

k_e_m22@yahoo.com.tw

And here's his gallery:

http://tw.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/k_...//tw.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/k_e_m22/my_photos

The one you're looking for is labeled as lynx&mazda1.6. For the 2.0L guys it should be the one labeled Lynx RS. The Protege equivalent in Taiwan is called the Ford Tierra though I think they also sold the Protege itself under Mazda as well. Here the Tierra is called the Lynx hence the naming on the thumbnails on his gallery.

Also here's a dyno run from a guy with an FS-DE with the 4-2-1 Thunder header. It's not the same as the 4-1 header I posted above but as you can see from the dyno he did get a bit of an increase assuming that the whp @ stock for the FS-DE is at the realm of 105hp. I think he also had the intake and exhaust piping changed.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/basebol/misc/dynotestresults.jpg

The image is huge-ass btw so I just left the link.

The gains look great.

ANd california emisions 1.6l's have 2 cats. Dont make me break out the camera. This header would keep both of them. The federal emmisions pros would have no problems with a long style header. This thing comes with both an O2 bung and an egr bung. Even a test pipe to get rid of the pesky cat for the guys who prefer to be illegal/ fed emmisions.

HOpe we can get some of these over here.

Back