225s on stock rims

monsta

Contributor
:
06 5 Touring, 07 Sport
Thought I'd share...

I recently came across a phenomenal deal on some tires that are P225/50R17. I worried about them fitting in the wheel well properly and the possibility of rubbing.

No such worries now. :) They fit perfectly and do not rub anywhere! They provide me a bit more ground clearance and the additional sidewall height is welcome on the rougher roads here on the Big Island.

I really needed a bit more height due to my off camber driveway. Plus, I get tired of grinding my front end on things. :(

Street performance has not diminished in any noticeable way. But the ride sure is a LOT better!

Attachments

• Mazda 001.jpg
    Mazda 001.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 281
  • Mazda 002.jpg
    Mazda 002.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
I have 225/45s on my '08. All the benefits of a wider tire, without the added height. IMO, the 5 is already too tall as it is.

suPREMACY, any pics? Also any rubbing issues? Looking into getting the same size on my factory rims.

---

225/35 R19's look great on the 5 / Premacy and no rub, loss of hight, or speedometer change.

1008768j.jpg

Just my .02 worth.

Peace!(rei)

im running goodyear eagle 225s, they rub the rear fenders on big hits at speed. I have to get the inner fender lips rolled...

ummm 45s I think.

they are the same size as the generals I was running before, but the eagles are wider.

but damn, they are way better....

225/45's on STOCK rims?

lately, i've been considering 215/45-17's on the stock rims. i have until the spring before i have to decide, but i want something that is better than the stock 205/50 toyo crap. the wider the better, as far as i'm concerned. i just dont want something thats going to be wiggly on the narrow 6.5" wide stock rims. ideally, i'd like wider rims. its just not in the cars right now.

Back