2016 CX9 Owners Thread

With the amber led installed, of course you get Hyperflash, but is easily corrected with the resistors.
Well, the reason I asked is you've already had LED turn signals at front if you have the AFS, and it doesn't cause any hyper flashing. I simply don't think Mazda would add load resistors for LEDs from factory! They should design a new control module which can handle both incandescent bulb and LED! That's why I thought the load resistors may not be needed when you're changing the rear turn signals to LEDs. :)

I heard back from the dealer, they said that the update WILL fix this problem ... "It's not a maybet a will" ... Apparently it has to do with how all the features in certain trims communicate with each other.

Hey SDL, any update on the fix from the dealership?

Hey all, just going to ask this again, but is anyone else getting neck and back pain or is uncomfortable in the drivers seat?

I am getting both, and seem to be more comfortable in the passenger seat. How are these seats made (by hand or machine) and is it possible that my seat may be defective? Are there any options or aftermarket seats anyone has run across that may fit the cx9? Thanks

Well, the reason I asked is you've already had LED turn signals at front if you have the AFS, and it doesn't cause any hyper flashing. I simply don't think Mazda would add load resistors for LEDs from factory! They should design a new control module which can handle both incandescent bulb and LED! That's why I thought the load resistors may not be needed when you're changing the rear turn signals to LEDs. :)
The front turn signals are led from factory and don't need resistors.

The back turn signals are regular bulbs. If you switch to led, you will have hyper flash as you see in my video. Then you just need to add the resistor and hyper flash is fixed.

Enviado desde mi SM-G800M mediante Tapatalk

Hey all, just going to ask this again, but is anyone else getting neck and back pain or is uncomfortable in the drivers seat?

I am getting both, and seem to be more comfortable in the passenger seat. How are these seats made (by hand or machine) and is it possible that my seat may be defective? Are there any options or aftermarket seats anyone has run across that may fit the cx9? Thanks
No pain at all and very comfortable. better than the old cx9. But that's just me.

Fix for what?

The random reboots of the infotainment system. Turns out that when I connect a 5th generation iPod touch via USB to the infotainment system it reboots randomly. I am also seeing reboots when I connect a flash drive to the system. Normally I'm using my iPhone 6s Plus and don't have have problems.

Hey SDL, any update on the fix from the dealership?

I called yesterday to schedule an appointment - They told me the update for the infotainment system was not available. They hadn't received anything from Mazda yet. Surprise Surprise... I'll try again next week or the following week. I am still getting blank screens, but lately, 8 out of 10 times it does come back after a few minutes. Then it goes out again and back on and stays on. However, BT connectivity is getting bad. Phone keeps disconnecting or won't connect automatically at all.

I called yesterday to schedule an appointment - They told me the update for the infotainment system was not available. They hadn't received anything from Mazda yet. Surprise Surprise... I'll try again next week or the following week. I am still getting blank screens, but lately, 8 out of 10 times it does come back after a few minutes. Then it goes out again and back on and stays on. However, BT connectivity is getting bad. Phone keeps disconnecting or won't connect automatically at all.

I figured that would be the case. I'm getting more frequent reboots which is getting annoying. Time to start a movement [emoji6].

Do you try to remove sms/email sync in the system. This solved the issued for me, apparently.

Yes. I am not synching email at all. I even turned off auto sync of contacts. This began when I started using either the flash drive or iPod. Before that I had no problems.

I also learned that if you hold down the back, mute and music buttons at the same time for about 8 seconds you will see a graph in the upper right corner of the infotainment screen showing you the CPU, Memory and another performance parameter to give you an idea of how hard the system is being worked overall.

Should I be taking my CX-9 for first service to a Mazda dealership? Have there been any technical service bulletin software updates issued for our vehicle yet?

Should I be taking my CX-9 for first service to a Mazda dealership? Have there been any technical service bulletin software updates issued for our vehicle yet?

The latest update is now available, version 59.00 something or else.
I had my CMU updated this afternoon and look forward to learning whether the random reboot issue has been cured.

The latest update is now available, version 59.00 something or else.
I had my CMU updated this afternoon and look forward to learning whether the random reboot issue has been cured.

Oh good to hear. Let us know if it fixes anything. I'm getting lots of bluetooth disconnect now too. I'm going to try to schedule an appointment.

I just tried scheduling an appointment and my dealer said they have no updates. They're hoping by next week but that's still not a guarantee...

I am big Mazda fan. I have a 03 MPV and a 2010 Mazda3, love both of these vehicles and are so much fun to drive. I am considering the new CX 9 as a replacement for my MPV. I want to sense the pulse of the existing 2016 CX 9 owners, as new issues like bad infotainment system and low MPG are surfacing. Would you still recommend the new CX 9?

I am big Mazda fan. I have a 03 MPV and a 2010 Mazda3, love both of these vehicles and are so much fun to drive. I am considering the new CX 9 as a replacement for my MPV. I want to sense the pulse of the existing 2016 CX 9 owners, as new issues like bad infotainment system and low MPG are surfacing. Would you still recommend the new CX 9?

Yes! The car is a joy to drive. I am still surprised how agile it feels. The infotainment system problems are troublesome but hopefully will get sorted out. I am getting a bit better MPG now - about 25.5-26.5 on highway and about 22.7 in mixed Houston traffic and some highway. If you are looking for this type of vehicle the price performance ratio is pretty tough to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've only had ours for 3 weeks and about 1000 miles, and we absolutely love our CX-9 GT AWD. We have had zero issues with the infotainment system (we have iPhones) and average 21.9 MPG in mainly city/suburban driving. Prior 2010 CX-9 FWD averaged just about 18 MPG, so we gained AWD and 4 MPG.

As can be seen in my signature, the CX-9 is my 19th Mazda.
I've put nearly 3k miles on it since a late June purchase.

I'm very pleased and would purchase it again.
The utility, comfort, safety features, and driving dynamics are terrific and the gas mileage has improved to the 22 - 23 mpg range in mixed driving (and I'm an "enthusiastic" driver).
The infotainment system random reboots seem to have disappeared with an update to the latest firmware version. (Even beforehand it only happened a couple of times.)

I'd suggest that you closely examine one for yourself.
Never owned a MPV, but have had all Mazda3 generations.
I think that you'll be pleasantly surprised at the value proposition compared to the competition.

I've had mine for about 2,500 miles. It is a joy to drive - I really have no complains in that department. My only issues are:

1) Infotainment System black screen. Very annoying and Mazda doesn't seem to care about it. I just saw on another forum from people who installed V59, the black screen it is still happening. This is just simply unacceptable. I would be embarrassed to put out a software like that. I get it. It's software and bugs happen, but f*ing fix it and do it fast. Don't screw your customers. It's been several months. WTF are they doing? Shouldn't be this difficult to solve really -- if they gave a crap.
2) The padding on the driver's side door (elbow rest) is meh... there's already a spot where the padding is gone and my elbow fits there nicely. It's not uncomfortable, but it just feels cheaply made, like you couldn't add a few more mms of padding?
3) These are things I wish it had: Front parking sensors, Power folding mirrors, hands-free tail-gate,
4) Reviews say it's quiet - For more, starting at 55mph and getting worse at over 70mph, I hear road noise (which is probably normal) and also forced wind noise, which is annoying if you don't have the stereo on (say b/c the screen went black).

In summary: Do I regret my purchase: No. Would I purchase it again? Maybe. 1st time Mazda owner and Mazda is leaving a bad taste in my mouth with this update BS. I would probably wait and see what issues come up next time. You do get a good value for your money though - this is the best in its class. Next up are the luxury models.

Back