2016 cx5 - getting Navigation for cheaper

Just picked up my 2016 Titanium CX-5 Sport yesterday. Came with the 7" screen package with upgraded non-TomTom system and the Nav wiring is installed. Also have the SD slot next to 2 USB slots in the lower front of the console.

Just to be clear ... Am I understanding correctly that all that is needed is the SD card for the NavTec system with part number BHP1 66 EZ1B? Will other years work? I would have assumed they 2015 and under SD cards would only work with the older infotainment systems.

Looks like Ebay has the 2016 SD for $275. Anyone found a better price?

Just picked up my 2016 Titanium CX-5 Sport yesterday. Came with the 7" screen package with upgraded non-TomTom system and the Nav wiring is installed. Also have the SD slot next to 2 USB slots in the lower front of the console.

Just to be clear ... Am I understanding correctly that all that is needed is the SD card for the NavTec system with part number BHP1 66 EZ1B? Will other years work? I would have assumed they 2015 and under SD cards would only work with the older infotainment systems.

Looks like Ebay has the 2016 SD for $275. Anyone found a better price?

i just bought this one on monday, just got it yesterday works perfectly, its ver c which is newer then the one you found (b) and is $250. only problem is it looks like the guy is on vacation and wont be back till jun 12.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

DEAL ALERT !!!

Any one looking for the nav card for the 2015/2016 Mazda products ... just found and purchased this one from an eBay seller. He has 7 left and is selling the BHP1-66-EZ1C - Buy it Now - for $200 + $10.55 shipping. Not the best rock bottom "bid-for-it" deal (this same seller is also throwing them up one at a time for auction starting at $124 but the current auction is $197.50 and slated to end this afternoon). But not a bad deal for (as I understand) the most recent "C" version updated SD Nav Card.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

For those that have bought the card, are updates included for like a year or something like that?
Or do you have to buy a new card each time?

The card alone is worthless though, because you need the NAV unit, and the NAV unit comes with the card...so...why buy the card?

I wondered that too about the 2015's. I was under the understanding that the 2015s were still Tom Tom and the 2016s were a new system. 2015/2016 is how the eBay Seller listed them.

It depends on what country you are in as to the model year of the same manufacturing run. Some places don't allow a 2016 model until 2016...

SD Card Arrived in 2 days from eBay Seller. Popped it in out front of the Post Office and had full navigation up and running in seconds in the 2016 CX-5. Thanks Forum People (cheers2)

Hate to side-track again, but on the 2015, what good is the NAV? Is it intuitive? It's something about a tomtom? I've always used integrated NAV from Nissan/Chrysler. Know nothing of these hand-held units that the Mazda is based off of.

Will it auto-redirect me for traffic?
Does it have real-time altitude and topography readings? Sat coordinates?
Will it link with Google Street view and provide me with a photo of the intersections I am at, etc?

What exactly are its can/cannots?

Basically...is it worth half a grand?

Since it is just a SD Card... could someone in theory just download the content and copy it on SD Card...?

Back