2015 Mazda CX-5?

I was definitely waiting for the 2015 to decide if I need to get the Technology package with Navigation and stuff. Now it looks like I will not because I cannot stand TomTom and the small screen.
I will just look into aftermarket headunit and GPS even if it comes with headaches of dealing with backup camera, steering wheel controls, etc.

Or I may actually try to save and get a mildly used 2014 model. It would be kind of sad to get a 2015 and see the 2016 or 2015.5 to finally come out with upgraded entertainment options.

I did some looking into aftermarket infotainment, but found it quickly runs over $600 and probably more. You have to get a special module so that steering wheel radio controls still work. The lighting and locks menu will not be available. After all that it adds zero to the value of the car.

On the other hand, if you get Bose option, it will add value to car on resale. The Bose has the same problems as base radio, but at least the quality of sound is acceptable. I essentially got the Bose for free buying 2014.5 at a discount.

I did some looking into aftermarket infotainment, but found it quickly runs over $600 and probably more. You have to get a special module so that steering wheel radio controls still work. The lighting and locks menu will not be available. After all that it adds zero to the value of the car.

On the other hand, if you get Bose option, it will add value to car on resale. The Bose has the same problems as base radio, but at least the quality of sound is acceptable. I essentially got the Bose for free buying 2014.5 at a discount.

I would question the value of Bose any day (no) but this is not the point here.

At over $600 this is still a lot less than $2500 for Bose and Technology packages on Touring. The only missing thing which is of importance to me would be xenons. However, I would get better audio and GPS, right? Can one live without lighting and locks menu? (uhm)

Seems the 2015 Nav is a Garmin as opposed to TomTom. Wonder if this would be backwards compatible with the 2014. I'm on the fence on whether to buy or hold out. The Nav is truly the one thing holding me back. Check it out at QuirkMazda.com. Not sure how accurate it is.

At Edmunds, I see standard anti-theft system and backup sensor on Touring. I haven't checked other trims.

If there is not much change in the 2015 versus the 2014.5 I am not really worry about the Nav system I will see if a GT can be had for a big discount.

My dealership expects the 2015's to arrive in March with no major changes from the 2014's. I may decide to get a deal on a 2014 GT. I get Mazda S pricing, so I'm not sure I'd get any other offers. They're also offering 0.9% financing for 60 months.

Was planning on waiting for the 2015 but my dealership gave me $3700 off MSRP....seemed like a good deal. Turned out being a B-day present for the wife. Hopefully I have no regrets when I hear the 2015 details.

It looks like my dealership is only offering $500 off on 2014's. I'm interested in the Blue Reflex Mica GT.

It looks like my dealership is only offering $500 off on 2014's. I'm interested in the Blue Reflex Mica GT.

Do a search on autotrader.com for new CX-5s within 250 miles. Some will be offering $1700+ off msrp. Print that out and take it to your local dealer and ask for price matching. No haggling. Worked for me.

Try truecar.com. I actually got a better deal, then it was on truecar. It was good to have a printout from a dealer, who offered the best deal, then used that at another dealership to give me a better deal.

I'm on my 2nd Mazda 3 and was waiting to buy a CX-5 or Mazda 6 with the same head unit as the 2014 Mazda3. Looks like I won't be buying one. I'm tired of waiting. It's sad since I love Mazda but it's ridiculous that they're taking so long. Guess I'll go ahead and buy the 2014.5 Toyota Camry Hybrid SE since my brother-in-law can get me the employee discount.

I'm on my 2nd Mazda 3 and was waiting to buy a CX-5 or Mazda 6 with the same head unit as the 2014 Mazda3. Looks like I won't be buying one. I'm tired of waiting. It's sad since I love Mazda but it's ridiculous that they're taking so long. Guess I'll go ahead and buy the 2014.5 Toyota Camry Hybrid SE since my brother-in-law can get me the employee discount.

Check out the new Accord Hybrid that gets 50mpg. The Camry has a $9,000 transmission while the Accord doesn't have tranny at all. The new Accord has really simplified and improved hybrids, IMO.

Honestly, if the head unit is the only reason you would choose a Camry over Mazda 6, you should just get the Camry.

I was disappointed as well about the head unit not changing, but It looks like it does everything you need in a modern infotainment system. Does mazda offer an assistance system like On Star? I guess i could just get the On Star mirror add on if needed.

I'm also wondering if we'll see any exterior color changes for 2015 or if the tan leather will be available in more colors.

Well it looks like the diesel is a ways off. Probably going to purchase a pre-owned CX-9 instead. Not looking forward to the gas mileage but I'll save money buying used and maybe trade it in a few years from now when diesel is offered. I need 2,700lb towing capacity anyway and there's no guarantee Mazda's diesel would be rated for that. The Ford Escape has the towing capacity (when properly equipped), but I simply don't like the Escape.

Well it looks like the diesel is a ways off. Probably going to purchase a pre-owned CX-9 instead. Not looking forward to the gas mileage but I'll save money buying used and maybe trade it in a few years from now when diesel is offered. I need 2,700lb towing capacity anyway and there's no guarantee Mazda's diesel would be rated for that. The Ford Escape has the towing capacity (when properly equipped), but I simply don't like the Escape.

Seems the CX-5 diesel is having problems with fuel getting into oil requiring frequency oil changes. Diesels historically cost a lot more to maintain too. Many have announced USA diesels, but never able to get approved. Honda announced a Diesel Civic back in 2008, but it never happened, etc...

Tow ratings seem to jump from 1500# to 3500# with just a few in between. Used Subaru Outback 3.0 can pull 3000#. They have tendency to overheat though. I believe Used Subaru Forester 2.0XT can pull 2700#, but timing belt, and can overheat too. Ford Edge gets 2mpg better than CX-9 (same engine), but has 3 star crash rating and junky IMO. Some of the Volvos can tow up to 3000# too.

[snip] I'm also wondering if we'll see any exterior color changes for 2015 or if the tan leather will be available in more colors.
We have a '15 CX-5 on order and would have chosen the sand interior had the color been a little warmer. The existing color is just too light for our tastes. I mentioned to our dealer's Fleet Manager that we'd seen copies of documents mentioning a change, or at least a renaming of the sand interior for the UK but the interior and exterior color codes for 2015 US models are unchanged from those of the 2014.5.
(limb)My guess, based on tidbits found online, opinions expressed on this forum and precious little else, is that any significant changes, if they occur at all, will accompany the '2015.5' introduction of the diesel in N. America, likely by the 4th quarter of 2014 [Q-4] for the M6 and 2015 Q-1/Q-2, for the CX-5. Using the rest of the world as an indicator, I'd also speculate that the diesel will only be available in top-of-the-line trim vehicles. (sad2) While this is a major letdown for a long-time diesel owner, the truth of the matter is that the evolution of the Atkinson-cycle engines has them getting awfully close to the diesel's fuel efficiency. Here's a quick comparison of the Passat TDi and the Mazda6. While the Passat's real world numbers are likely to exceed those of the EPA, if you only look at fuel cost per mile driving in the US, it's advantage M6.

I upgraded from the 2014 touring from May 2013, to the GT in January 2014 --it is awesome! If you see one made after November 2013, it's a 2014.5. Try one, I think you will be surprised. It also has the 'straight shifter' (not gated) and includes the leather boot and leather shifter. It rides and handles differently then the touring I had before. :)

If there is not much change in the 2015 versus the 2014.5 I am not really worry about the Nav system I will see if a GT can be had for a big discount.
I upgraded from the 2014 touring in early 2103, to the GT in January of 2014 -it's a 2014.5 with straight shift (not gated) with leather shifter and boot. The car is a real improvement from the touring, test one and see. Check the door jam to see if it was made after Nov. 2013...if so it's a 2014.5.

Back