2015 Mazda CX-5?

Spoke to a Mazda Dealer in Colorado today.... advises the 2015's are now in transit and should show up locally in CO in the next 30-45 days.
We just ordered a 2015 Touring with Tech & most options in Crystal White w/black interior. Estimated delivery in 90 days, sooner if Fleet Sales can divert one already in the production queue. The savings on port-installed extras should offset some of the ~$180 MSRP price increase.

According to KBB, for USA: The 2015 Mazda CX-5 is mostly carryover from last year. The only notable change is the addition of Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry as standard equipment on Touring and Grand Touring trims.

According to KBB, for USA: The 2015 Mazda CX-5 is mostly carryover from last year. The only notable change is the addition of Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry as standard equipment on Touring and Grand Touring trims.

that's good news. that was the only thing i wanted from the tech package. or maybe not - is the backup camera standard on the GT?

that's good news. that was the only thing i wanted from the tech package. or maybe not - is the backup camera standard on the GT?

Back up camera is standard models with screens, I believe the sport too. Set standard on Touring and GT

Nice to see Advanced Keyless Entry added to the Touring as standard equipment. I never thought I'd care for the feature, but having it on our Escape has been very nice. Anyone got an idea how hard that would be to retrofit onto a Sport model?

In a way I'm glad the 2015 isn't going to have cosmetic changes. I tend to prefer the initial design over mid-cycle refreshes. Not sure how to improve on things--even the slightly pointy, beak-like look of the nose at some angles. The 3-style interior/infotainment may be easier to upgrade for a Sport to have Touring or GT specs, but there's something classic (dated?) about dashes without screens already.

In a way I'm glad the 2015 isn't going to have cosmetic changes. I tend to prefer the initial design over mid-cycle refreshes. Not sure how to improve on things--even the slightly pointy, beak-like look of the nose at some angles. The 3-style interior/infotainment may be easier to upgrade for a Sport to have Touring or GT specs, but there's something classic (dated?) about dashes without screens already.

I wish they updated the grill to the style of the Mazda 6 and new 3. I've yet to see any cheap aftermarket grills.

Congrats on your purchase did the dealer have any details as to any changes on the 2015MY?
Thanks.

From our initial conversations, it looks like the initial 2015 release will be substantially unchanged from the 2014.5 other than as already mentioned above. I had details from M24/7 postings relating to the 2014.5 changes, like suspension tweaks, that weren't known at dealership level. We do expect to have more info over the next week or so, tho I doubt there will be much variance from details already posted on this site.

I will share any new information if & when it becomes available.

So delivery will be approximately May that would work out good for me I was looking to purchase at June at the latest.

So delivery will be approximately May that would work out good for me I was looking to purchase at June at the latest.
That sounds right, from what we were told. And as mentioned, ours may come in sooner if they can find a vehicle already in the production queue which can be diverted our way. Who knows, your vehicle may already be in production, just waiting for your order.
Suggest you speak with Fleet Sales for the best info on availability. They aren't sales folks, per se; their job is to move vehicles. We haven't really even discussed price in detail, just that there would be no problem beating the other dealer's pricing. That was good enough for us. Good luck.

Not looking to hijack this thread but I am waiting for the 15 CX5 to come out and as I wait also looking at the BMW X1, AWD version - Has anyone test drove this or thoughts on it compared to the CX5 ? I know it is a bit more but since I keep cars for a while the 9-10 K is not that much. thanks

That sounds right, from what we were told. And as mentioned, ours may come in sooner if they can find a vehicle already in the production queue which can be diverted our way. Who knows, your vehicle may already be in production, just waiting for your order.
Suggest you speak with Fleet Sales for the best info on availability. They aren't sales folks, per se; their job is to move vehicles. We haven't really even discussed price in detail, just that there would be no problem beating the other dealer's pricing. That was good enough for us. Good luck.

You should get a good price since the dealer will not have to floor plan the vehicle for any extended period just to have shipped and deliver.

So does this mean the stereo system likely won't be upgraded? I realize the entertainment system shouldn't sway the purchase of a $25K car, but its super important to me. The no resume playback and long load times on the current model is a deal breaker.

So does this mean the stereo system likely won't be upgraded? I realize the entertainment system shouldn't sway the purchase of a $25K car, but its super important to me. The no resume playback and long load times on the current model is a deal breaker.

Really? I think it should sway your purchase.

For 25K, or for the ~30K that most of us paid for our Grand Touring trims, I expect the audio/electronics to be adequate at least. It's 2014 and I have a quad-core smartphone with 3 GB ram and 100 GB storage space with a battery that lasts four days. It cost $150. And Mazda can't get USB playback right? It is incredibly frustrating.

Your smart phone probably cost closer to $600 but your cell provider pays most of that to get you to sign a contract. However your point is valid. Integrated systems are becoming standard these days. In the past I have been more than happy to rip out the stereo of a brand new car, but when they give you almost everything and you pay for a tech package...you don't want to dish another grand into integrating aftermarket components.

This was a huge sticking point for me too. Once it was apparent the 2015 wouldn't have Mazda3 infotainment, I decided to gamble and get a 2014.5 Touring while I could get a $1700 discount and color selection was still available. I'm gambling Mazda will issue a firmware upgrade for infotainment since they are continuing to sell it for 2015. If they don't, their sales will suffer.

The two selling criteria that sold me were; same city mpg as my 2007 Civic, ability to tow 2000#. Only other vehicles that could do that were diesel or hybrid and they are expensive to purchase and maintain.

The HD FM radio is huge plus and works well. Has three other sources for high quality sound; USB, CD, bluetooth. I've played with bluetooth briefly and it seems to work well. The USB and CD have dumb issues, but sound great (with Bose option).

CD Issues:
o will only play within a directory
o shuffle only selects an initial random song, then consecutive after that

USB Issues:
o restart on engine start
o reload on engine start
o shuffle only selects an initial random song then consecutive after that

I usually listen to HD FM for short drives, and switch to USB if drive is more than a few minutes. I really like the HD FM as I have not listened to FM radio for years and now its a pleasure to listen too. HD FM is pleasant, but certainly not CD quality.

I hope Mazda issues a firmware upgrade soon. Also I hope its possible to do easily.
Can the USB or CD be used for infotainment firmware upgrade??? (uhm)

This was a huge sticking point for me too. Once it was apparent the 2015 wouldn't have Mazda3 infotainment, I decided to gamble and get a 2014.5 Touring while I could get a $1700 discount and color selection was still available. I'm gambling Mazda will issue a firmware upgrade for infotainment since they are continuing to sell it for 2015. If they don't, their sales will suffer.

The two selling criteria that sold me were; same city mpg as my 2007 Civic, ability to tow 2000#. Only other vehicles that could do that were diesel or hybrid and they are expensive to purchase and maintain.

The HD FM radio is huge plus and works well. Has three other sources for high quality sound; USB, CD, bluetooth. I've played with bluetooth briefly and it seems to work well. The USB and CD have dumb issues, but sound great (with Bose option).

CD Issues:
o will only play within a directory
o shuffle only selects an initial random song, then consecutive after that

USB Issues:
o restart on engine start
o reload on engine start
o shuffle only selects an initial random song then consecutive after that

I usually listen to HD FM for short drives, and switch to USB if drive is more than a few minutes. I really like the HD FM as I have not listened to FM radio for years and now its a pleasure to listen too. HD FM is pleasant, but certainly not CD quality.

I hope Mazda issues a firmware upgrade soon. Also I hope its possible to do easily.
Can the USB or CD be used for infotainment firmware upgrade??? (uhm)

I was definitely waiting for the 2015 to decide if I need to get the Technology package with Navigation and stuff. Now it looks like I will not because I cannot stand TomTom and the small screen.
I will just look into aftermarket headunit and GPS even if it comes with headaches of dealing with backup camera, steering wheel controls, etc.

Or I may actually try to save and get a mildly used 2014 model. It would be kind of sad to get a 2015 and see the 2016 or 2015.5 to finally come out with upgraded entertainment options.

Back