2014 Mazda3?

It is hard to get the angles the same but it looks like the windshield is moved back.

overlay pictures of current with the 2014:

comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

slightly different angle on the current one:

comp3.jpg

comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

Trevor
Genuine Mazda3 Accessories

Last edited:
More info and pics (from Autoblog)

Yeah, it seems that it will be coming as a 2015 Model to be sold in 2014

Mazda's new Kodo design language is set to quickly spread across the automaker's entire lineup, judging by these spy shots of the next-generation Mazda3 that show some very familiar styling cues. No matter, we're impressed with what Mazda has done on the CX-5 crossover and Mazda6 sedan in terms of design, and we're happy to see the C-segment hatchback ditching the smile-for-a-mile Nagare design.

It's unclear what sort of architecture is found below the new Mazda3 our spy shooters suggest that the car could simply be using a heavily massaged version of the Ford C1 platform found under the current car. Our best guess is that it's actually a reworked version of the platform used in the CX-5 crossover, however, chocked full of weight-saving Skyactiv technologies. After all, the CX-5 plays in the compact CUV segment, and those vehicles are commonly based on C-segment platforms. And besides, there's probably some economic savings at work with the new chassis both in terms of fuel efficiency and economies of scale. Still, no one is totally certain what lies under all that black-and-white paper at the moment.

The new Mazda3 is targeted to arrive for the 2015 model year, meaning we could see a final production car debut as early as this year. We expect the hatch you see here to debut along with a traditional four-door sedan, and unless we hear otherwise, we don't doubt that a Mazdaspeed version will be far behind.

001-2015-mazda3-spy-shots628opt.jpg

[Autoblog]

As a 2015 Model sold in 2014 would make sense...I've created a new forum for the upcoming 2015 Mazda3 and updated the thread title.

Let's continue to keep this thread updated, thanks!

Car And Driver. 2015 Mazda 3 Spy Photos

What It Is: The next-generation Mazda 3 being tested. Although this mule is cloaked in a fairly complex vinyl wrap of camo, we can clearly see the A-pillar, the hood, and the roofline are right in line with an image of the next-gen 3 we discovered last fall. The fascia has been blacked out and taped up, but the signature of Mazdas Kodo design language, the grille, is instantly recognizablegone is the smiley grille of the current car. The language extends to the wheel arches and the shelf-like haunches.

Why It Matters: The new 3 will be built in Mexico, allowing Mazda to sidestep some of the currency imbalances that affect the profit margins of the rest of Mazdas Japanese-built North American lineup. The 3 is Mazdas bestselling model, and draws an audience from several different demographics: first-time buyers, coupon-clipping young families, boy racers who dont mind trading a little acceleration for a tight chassis, and those who want a practical car that doesnt fall into the stereotypes of a Civic or a Focus or a Corolla. Whatever the reason, Mazda needs to provide these customers with a satisfying owner experience to ensure return business, and keep the profits flowing.

Platform: What the next 3 uses as a platform is up for some discussion. Initially, it was believed that Mazdas new compact entry would make use of the CX-5s lightweight architecture, but theres speculation that the new car may utilize a heavily redesigned version of the current 3s aging C1 platform. Based partially on Mazdas cost-based decision to use a massaged version of a previous platform in place of an entirely new one in the recent redesign of the 2014 Mazda 6, the theory makes sense financially; the question is whether or not Mazda can achieve its goals in terms of weight savings and chassis stiffness with the C1.

Powertrain: The 155-hp, naturally aspirated 2.0-liter four-cylinder Skyactiv-G engine currently was added to the 3 lineup late in the current cars life, and it will carry over. However, the 167-hp, 2.5-liter four-banger likely is too thirsty and too lethargic to continue on, even in a volume capacitydont expect to see it in the new 3. Its possible that Mazda could add its new 184-hp, 2.5-liter, which sees duty in the CX-5 and the 6, to the 3 lineup, too. Dropping the brands 2.2-liter turbo-diesel into the engine bay would make an oil-burning 3 one of the more-exciting options in the compact segment, and we hear its under consideration, but were not holding out breath for such a thing. It would be unthinkable for the zoom-zoom brand to pull its manual option, so six-speed transmissions of both manual and automatic varieties are likely to continue. Word on the next-generation Mazdaspeed 3 is quiet at the moment, but with a growing marketplace, wed expect one to be in the plans.

Competition: Chevrolet Cruze, Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Hyundai Elantra, Nissan Sentra, Toyota Corolla, Volkswagen Golf/Jetta.

Estimated Arrival and Price: The next 3 is expected to launch closer to the end of the year, or perhaps even early in 2014. Considering the competitive nature of the compact segment, wed be surprised to see much of an increase over the current cars $17,495 base price

2015-mazda-3-5-door-spy-photo-photo-501337-s-520x318.jpg

2015-mazda-3-5-door-spy-photo-photo-501338-s-520x318.jpg

2015-mazda-3-5-door-spy-photo-photo-501346-s-520x318.jpg

2015-mazda-3-5-door-spy-photo-photo-501347-s-520x318.jpg

[Car And Driver]

Even heavily camouflaged it looks awesome in those Autoblog shots.

I sat in the 2014 Mazda6, the interior is and feels nice. Whatever makes it to the Mazda3 is welcome :)

Also, whatever from the 2015 Mazda3 that trickles to the Mazda5 would be nice (if the model actually makes it trough :()

What It Is: but there’s speculation that the new car may utilize a heavily redesigned version of the current 3’s aging C1 platform. Based partially on Mazda’s cost-based decision to use a massaged version of a previous platform in place of an entirely new one in the recent redesign of the 2014 Mazda 6, the theory makes sense financially; the question is whether or not Mazda can achieve its goals in terms of weight savings and chassis stiffness with the C1.

It would make more sense financially to give the 3 the new Skyactiv platform rather than coming out with a new Speed 3. I thought the platform was designed to be flexible so it could fit almost all Mazda's.

The spy shots look really close to those "leaked" photos. Literally way too close. In addition to the base models with the Skyactiv 2 liter, it could use an uprated Skyactiv 2.5 gasser or the Skyactiv-D for higher trims, and a Mazdaspeed version for the hot hatch crowd. Anyone got a clue if this is going to use the same platform as the CX-5 and Mazda6?

Last edited:
From what I can tell, it looks similar to the 6, not to much difference from what I can see, but the camo can be deceptive.

I've started another thread to discuss the spy shots; you can view it here

I thought this thread should just be for the renderings.

A part from the grill being a little big, I expect it to have exactly those lines. Looks almost identical to spy shots but without the zebra tape.

Thanks for sharing

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2015-mazda-mazda3-to-arrive-this-fall.html

Mazda's next-generation Mazda3 compact will arrive in dealer showrooms this fall, inside sources have revealed.

Three Mazda dealers revealed to Automotive News that the Japanese automaker plans to launch its redesigned Mazda3 compact in the United States market this fall. The sources say they were informed of the plan directly from Mazda.

Although aging, the Mazda3 remains a vital model for Mazda. Last year Mazda sold 123,361 examples of the 3, up 20 percent from 2011. Moreover, the Mazda3, Mazda's best-selling nameplate, captured 6 percent of the compact market last year, compared to Mazda's overall 1.9 percent U.S. market share.

The new 3 will also play a key role in Mazda's goal of selling 300,000 vehicles in the U.S. Last year Mazda sold 277,046 vehicles here.

Likely to be tagged as a 2015 model, the new Mazda3 will adopt the automaker's Kodo design language seen on the CX-5 crossover and Mazda6 sedan. The 2015 Mazda3 will be offered with an efficient 2.0L Skyactiv engine as well as a more powerful 2.5L unit. Mazda is also considering a Skyactiv diesel engine for the new 3.

Give its fall launch date, the 2015 Mazda Mazda3 could make its first public appearance at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

This fall is really early. I was expecting late 2012 like the Mazda6 last year.

I also heard that companies weren't allowed to sell cars 2 years in advance (2014 6 being sold in December 2012 for example).

Last edited:
If that photo above is a somewhat accurate representation of the upcoming 3, I don't like it at all. I suppose the front end is a step in the right direction,but those narrow windows and mismatched lines along the side completely destroy the car, in my opinion. I'd also be missing the rear glass that gave the first and second generation 3 a much better appearance from the side unlike other hatches on the market. Having owned a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 and now my Skyactiv hatch, the only benefits with which I can absolutely identify for the upcoming generation include the mechanicals and a lighter overall weight.

the only thing keeping me from getting a focus is the upcoming mazda 3 and the lack of manual shifting function in the focus unless you pay for a high end model. If mazda pulls this off like the 6 i am sold on a 3

Has any heard if Mazda was able to fit the 4 to 1 header on the 2015 to up the compression ration to 13:1 like the 6 and CX-5? Wondering if they are working off a new chassis and frame or are they modifying the platform of the 6 and cx-5 for the new 3.

Has any heard if Mazda was able to fit the 4 to 1 header on the 2015 to up the compression ration to 13:1 like the 6 and CX-5? Wondering if they are working off a new chassis and frame or are they modifying the platform of the 6 and cx-5 for the new 3.

From what I've heard, Mazda is modifying their new platform to fit the 3, 5, 6, and CX-5. The intentions of this new platform was for it to be used for most of their lineup. So the answer, yes the new 3 will have 4 to 1 header to increase compression ratio.

Back