2011 Mustang GT option question

tunersteve

Contributor
:
2011 Mustang GT
As some of you know, I will be moving on from the Speed6 and picking up a 2011 Mustang GT here in the near future. I've pretty much hammered out the option sheet, which is:

GT Premium - Kona Blue Metallic ext./Black & Cashmere interior
-401A Premier Trim (aluminum dash, two-tone leather)
-3.73 Rear Axle
-HID headlamps
-Comfort Package (heated seats, power pass. seat)
-Security Package (active anti-theft, locking lug nuts(required with HIDs)
-Brembo Package (Brembo brakes, 19x9 wheels, retuned ESC)
-Spoiler delete

I'm torn on one option; the Electronics Package. That includes the 8" screen w/ navigation, Sirius Travel Link, HD radio, 10gb jukebox, DVD playback ability (while parked) and dual-zone electronic temp. control. It's a $2400 option, but I've had the chance to play with it, and like it. I just have a hard time justifying it on the order sheet. On one hand, I think for a car that I plan to keep for a while, it'll be a nice option. It really cleans up and simplifies the dash. On the other hand, $2400 is a lot of money, and it would drop my payment a bit with what I'm prepared to put down.

In short, I am looking for feedback and outside opinions on the subject. If you were ordering a car and could afford it, would you opt for that package, and if so, why?

I would do it. I love the auto climate feature on the ms3, and frankly if you didnt get it I think youll be kicking yourself down the road.

This is YOUR 5.0. get it exactly how you want it that way there are no regrets.

The MS6 has auto climate as well. I'd actually like the dual-zone more, since my g/f always gets cold, and I always get hot. My thoughts are like you though, I might kick myself down the road, hence the reason to hear from others about a decision like this.

I say go for it. Even more if you can make the payments comfortably.

Whenever people ask my friends ask me car questions, I always tell them to get what they want if they can afford it. Your gonna be driving this car for what, at least 5 years? Why not get the most out of it and get it exactly how you want?

I say go for it. Even more if you can make the payments comfortably.

Whenever people ask my friends ask me car questions, I always tell them to get what they want if they can afford it. Your gonna be driving this car for what, at least 5 years? Why not get the most out of it and get it exactly how you want?

That's been my thought process all along. I'd rather spend that money on something like this vs. the glass roof or appearance options. Still has the Shaker 500 stereo, SYNC, and some type of read out, but the EP cleans up the dash a lot. Here's a comparison (disregard the seat colors):

EP:
8_241337.jpg

Without EP:
43mustanggtfd2011.jpg

waste of money. you can get most of those options in a touch screen unit for less than $1000....HD radio is pretty much standard on all Head Units now.....

save the $2400 and lower the payment....and take $1000 of that $2400 and use it to upgrade the audio/visual if thats what ur looking to spend money on

just my .02

Oh, I've decided that it's getting put in no matter what. It's worth it after a good amount of time with it.

i was going to say no, but that looks pretty clean.

(i am biased since i will almost always take the oem stereo out)

my 5 has climate control, and i have a love hate relationship with it. i like it on the long trips, but usually i dont like that it will kick the ac on when not necessary.

now this stereo. it has hd radio, dvd, nav, bla bla bla but are the speakers upgraded? surround sound at all?

basically, if you can afford it, go for it. otherwise, you can live without it or buy something similar for a lot less. to me, this kind of car is made to enjoy driving. the stereo might be there for passenger entertainment.

If i gets this new job i'm trying for offshore on the oil rigs. I am going to try and get a Mustang as well. My best friend passed 4 months ago, and i want to get his car just to keep in memory of him, and take it to the track a few times in the summer. Its a 03 GT, Midnight blue, Lowered, Cobra Front Clip, Procharger P-1SC Supercharger, fully tuned. Its a beautiful machine.

That will be sweet, I just looked at the first 5.0 in Austin and they wanted 38k for it. (eek)
I just got an 09 Bullitt a year ago so I don't need one but the new 5.0s are gonna be fast.

Thanks guys. I'll have the MS6 up for sale here by the end of next week, just a few little things I need to finish up on it, then give it a good detail and snap some pics. I hope to have it sold and have the order in for the GT by the end of June, so that it's a Job 2 build. There's a reason I'm waiting a bit longer, but nothing significant.

Back