2010 cx-9 after six weeks

I've been lurking and learning around here for the past couple of months. It seems there are no better ways to learn than to find an active forum on just what it is you're interested in.

I guess you could call me the guy Motor Trend referred to as being hauled kicking and screaming from his sport sedan into a crossover. Former ride was a Infiniti G35 which I sold to my son. 100% reliable and a load of fun to drive. It didn't quite fit the bill when it came to car seats and grandchildren though.

Purchased our White fwd GT in late October. So far we've been pleased. There are quirks to get used to just as there are for any new car. I've learned to lean just so in order to avoid a wack on the head when getting into the car. Once in the comfort and room are fine. The handling is not sport sedan sharp, but it's better than others we tested. My wife was accustomed to hitting the inside lock button to lock the doors as she left the car. She will just have to learn to tap the outside button. No big deal. Just a few little things. Mileage so far has been 20.5 of mixed driving. This is figured and and not the car's computer read out although it seems to be pretty close. Just a touch optimistic.

To be honest I wanted a Flex, but the wife thought they are butt ugly. We have owned Mazdas in the past. The last being a rwd 626. How many of you remember them? Good car! Traded it when my 3rd child was born. He's now the one with our old G35. I guess life is a large circle after all.

Just thought I'd pass out my thoughts and to say thanks for all the info I've picked up.

Merry Christmas to all!

Welcome to the board! Yes, I remember the 626...and I believe their top end model was the 929, which later got replaced by the Milenia. It's funny how things come around, you are correct! My wife and I now own better cars than my dad (mom doesn't drive, never has, never will), but I had to work very hard to get where I am. My parents never had the money to buy or give me a car, we were actually lucky we had a car in our household and I was even luckier if I got to take it every now and then. So explain to your son how fortunate he is to get a G35 on top of all things! LOL, I had to buy my own bike!

Merry Christmas to you as well!

..congrats...

I've been lurking and learning around here for the past couple of months. It seems there are no better ways to learn than to find an active forum on just what it is you're interested in.

I guess you could call me the guy Motor Trend referred to as being hauled kicking and screaming from his sport sedan into a crossover. Former ride was a Infiniti G35 which I sold to my son. 100% reliable and a load of fun to drive. It didn't quite fit the bill when it came to car seats and grandchildren though.

Purchased our White fwd GT in late October. So far we've been pleased. There are quirks to get used to just as there are for any new car. I've learned to lean just so in order to avoid a wack on the head when getting into the car. Once in the comfort and room are fine. The handling is not sport sedan sharp, but it's better than others we tested. My wife was accustomed to hitting the inside lock button to lock the doors as she left the car. She will just have to learn to tap the outside button. No big deal. Just a few little things. Mileage so far has been 20.5 of mixed driving. This is figured and and not the car's computer read out although it seems to be pretty close. Just a touch optimistic.

To be honest I wanted a Flex, but the wife thought they are butt ugly. We have owned Mazdas in the past. The last being a rwd 626. How many of you remember them? Good car! Traded it when my 3rd child was born. He's now the one with our old G35. I guess life is a large circle after all.

Just thought I'd pass out my thoughts and to say thanks for all the info I've picked up.

Merry Christmas to all!

Congratulations on the new CX9.....you mentioned one thing that I am having second thougths about...evry time that I get in to the driver seat I wack my head...I guess is the rake of the windshield being so pronounced,,,,and this is why I am still undecided about the CX9 besides the weird combination of having to have nav if I want the rear auto door litft...well thanks God I still have time and will continue lurking in this forum which is a lot of fun and information..enjoy the CX9 with the best of health...and Merry Christams to all

...evry time that I get in to the driver seat I wack my head...I guess is the rake of the windshield being so pronounced

I've seen many people comment on this issue of whacking their head, however I'm 6'5" and have never had any problem getting in or out of the driver seat.

Merry Christmas All!

Every new vehicle I've ever owned has had at least a couple of things that I had to become accustomed to. The "head wacking" you learn to deal with pretty quick. Don't let this be a deal breaker.

We shopped a 929 back in 1995 when we purchased the Avalon that was traded on the CX-9. The availability of a bench seat was a factor in the Avalon's favor. We liked the 929, but the room in the Toyota was far greater. A little background. My son drove the Avalon while in college after we got the G35. I sold him (at the trade value) the G when we got the Mazda. He is tickled with the deal and the car. The Avalon had 244,000 miles and the G has 106,000. We tend to keep our vehicles longer than average. Now that my wife retired last January we're hoping the mileage will not be so great.

Myself, I drive a 2000 Tundra and have a primo 1992 4x4 Toyota pu as a knock about back-up. Daughter #2 and the mother of one of my grandkids drives a Milenia. (sp?) After some early problems it has been a very reliable car. Daughter #1, mother of the other grandkids, went over to the dark side. She has an Acadia which many people cross shop with our CX-9. Nice car when it's not in the shop for recalls.

Yeah, congrats, enjoy the new baby.
On the other hand, I can`t believe what mazda has done with new smiley fugly face, why mazda? why? WHy did u do it to the cx-9 as well? (hahaspit)

And don`t forget to add pics.

Back