2006 Touring: Foglights standard?

Chris B

I'm shopping for a used Touring, and have come across several at dealers (browsing via cars.com) that are supposedly Touring models, but which show photos with blanks in the foglight areas.

Edmunds.com shows foglights as standard on 2006 Touring models but I wanted to confirm with some actual owners. If Edmunds is wrong, great. If not, then either the dealers are misrepresenting the trim level or, even worse, selling cars damaged in an accident with replacement front bumpers.

Thanks for your input!

They are standard on Touring models. You may be looking at pictures of Sport models with the Popular Equipment Package, which gives you the side sills and rear spoiler. Easy ways to tell if it's a Sport model: black mirrors, plastic steering wheel, manual climate control.

All you have to do to tell if it is a touring model is to flip up the second row seats. If the seat bottoms don't flip up, you are in a sport, if they flip up to reveal a storage area on the drivers side and a flip out tray on the passengers side, then you are in a touring.

That must be for the 06 model year, my 07 Sport has the flip up second row, just no table. Go by the mirrors and the climate control, those are two things you cannot miss, or misrepresent.

my second row flip up and it's a sport... can't go by the mirrors if it's a black sport... (like mine)

from the outside the only thing that can give away a sport (with popular equipment package)from a touring is the fog lights.

They are standard on Touring models. You may be looking at pictures of Sport models with the Popular Equipment Package, which gives you the side sills and rear spoiler. Easy ways to tell if it's a Sport model: black mirrors, plastic steering wheel, manual climate control.

Thanks, this allowed me to confirm that it's not a touring as advertised (black mirrors on a silver car were a giveaway). Stupid dealers...

Out of all of the Mazda5's listed as "Touring" trim in the entire U.S. on cars.com, only two or three are actually Touring trim. Conversely, there were several listed as "Sport" with pictures that showed fog lights, mirror covers, and auto climate control. It seems that dealers don't know much about this car (even at Mazda dealers). Used prices are high enough that we may just get a 2008 Sport (depending on the 2008 prices...wonder when we'll know) due to all of the upgrades to that trim level (and the a/c vents, 5-speed auto, armrests, etc.).

Out of all of the Mazda5's listed as "Touring" trim in the entire U.S. on cars.com, only two or three are actually Touring trim. Conversely, there were several listed as "Sport" with pictures that showed fog lights, mirror covers, and auto climate control. It seems that dealers don't know much about this car (even at Mazda dealers). Used prices are high enough that we may just get a 2008 Sport (depending on the 2008 prices...wonder when we'll know) due to all of the upgrades to that trim level (and the a/c vents, 5-speed auto, armrests, etc.).

Was that 2008 Sport have a touring package included LOL JUST KIDDING EH.

Enjoy what ever you get

Back