2004 stock pads/rotors

mjstew

so right before i bought my 3 (bout 8 mos ago) front and back brake pads and rotors were replaced, and they just didnt feel right...so about 2 mos ago i bought and had new pads/rotors installed, and they still just dont feel right, plus theres a killer squeal i cant get rid of

anyone know what brand rotors and pads were used for stock on the 04 3's? im thinking maybe if i re-replace with oem i might find better luck and get the right fit

What brand did you buy that are currently on the car? There are several braking setups you could but for cheaper than OEM that will perform the same or better, and shouldn't make any noises like that. Brembo blanks and Hawk HPS pads would be good, or rockauto OE quality rotors and Stoptech pads.

well i suppose i should clarify...i did not purchase them, i went to a shop and had them replaced again...i cant speak for who did the work or what parts were used when they were replaced before i bought the car, but the guy who replaced them for me 2 months ago is a reputable guy who usually doesnt skimp on quality when it comes to parts, so i dont really know what brand pads or rotors are currently on the car, but im currently driving a 2010 3 as a rental since my bumper is being replaced due to a silly girl not watching where she was going, so with this new car i can tell just how wrong my brakes feel

ill check those brands and see how the prices look...im gonna contact my dealers parts dept and see how bad the financial raping would be if i buy oem

I went with Raybestos OEM rotors and brakepads from Rockauto.com. Fairly cheap, and I haven't had any issues with them.

i finally bought the stock pads and rotors...they were a little pricey (around 400 for pads/rotors for all 4), but i don't need performance pads/rotors so im perfectly happy with stock

Holy crap! I hope that included labor. I hope that has solved the issue.

nope zero labor, but my buddy owns a shop and did it for free so all in all well worth it...no squeak, no squeal, no vibration, just smooth effective braking...im happy with it

You said you bought a 2004 mazda 3. i am selling mine its a 2004 mazda 3, i was just wondering what were the prices and the mileage the car had?

i paid 8500 for it with 80,000 miles on it...only reason i paid as much as i did was because the car came with complete maintenance records, was meticulously cared for, and the car came with 2 sets of rims with a nice set of 4 continental summer tires, and basically brand new set of blizzaks for the winter

what kind of mileage is on yours?

thanks for the reply. I have 120,000 miles. I know it's a little bit too much. I had warranty up to 100k. And i have all of the maintanance records from the dealer. I put in parrot bluetooth, ipod adaptor, HID's, and foglights. And the car has 17inch mazda 3 rims with brand new bridgestone sport tires.
I was thinking somewhere around 7000-7500 because of the mileage. What do you think? Is it worth the price?

i would say yes, it is worth the price. Mazdas hold their value better than most of the other automakers and 120K really isnt that high for a japanese car, i would say try selling it at like 7200 or so and see where it goes

brought it to 6995 and still no luck.... don't know what to do... The car is in an excellent shape, i dont want to sell it for too low.

I would hang on to it for a while...you'll probably need to keep it through the winter months. even though you are in California and winter is much different for us in the northeast, the most popular months to buy a used car, statistically are April, May and June.
outside of waiting, I'd regularly update the ad to make sure people know its a newer listing, and see what happens. I don't believe in getting rid of a car at an extraordinarily low price just to get rid of it. Besides, if you come down too low on price, people will wonder what is wrong with the car. Mazda 3's can be difficult to sell sometimes because they retail higher than most compacts, and they hold their value quite well. just be patient and hopefully it will sell soon enough

Back