2003 protege LX sedan 14" wheel choices?

N00bie

:
2003 Pontiac Sunfire
Hey guys,

First post here.. I joined because I plan to possibly get a new or 2004+ used mazdaspeed.. Anyhow, my Gf has a 2003 Protege lx sedan with the 14" steelies/hubcaps and I know someone selling a set of mint 90-93 Miata 7 spoke alloys, 45mm offset... 4x100bp, will these fit her car? Or for aftermarket, how big of a rim can you go on these and tire size please? Thanks! (2thumbs)

The Mazdaspeeds are 5 lug 5x100 bolt pattern, the LX is a 4 lug. The only way the Mazdaspeeds would fit, is if you do a DX or MSP conversion. Otherwise, a lot of aftermarket wheels fit the LX. (ie, most "little" Honda's have the same lug pattern)

The rims are off a Mazda Miata, 90-93 7 spoke style, 45mm offset, 4x100, I'm pretty sure they should fit, but not 100% plus if the offest is correct

hey N00bie, how do those miata rims (daisies?) look? I saw some on Craigslist for pretty cheap and am considering buying them. Pics would be nice!

I have a 99 protege, and the wheels would bolt up and clear my rear drums no problem, but they would hit the calipers up front...i tried grinding the caliper down a little, but they still didn't fit...the backs of the daisies were too "flat" to clear the caliper...99 miata 15 inch wheels clear the calipers just fine. I ended up painting the old steel wheels off my 95 miata and putting those on the protege.

Booooo.... my gf freaked out when I told her I was getting her some miata rims... she's deadset against it.. I pointed out that her steelies are starting to rust and will need replacing down the road... she has some fear of aftermarket stuff after looking at my cars... as if rims will make the car twice as loud, lol... so, I didn't buy them. :(

Booooo.... my gf freaked out when I told her I was getting her some miata rims... she's deadset against it.. I pointed out that her steelies are starting to rust and will need replacing down the road... she has some fear of aftermarket stuff after looking at my cars... as if rims will make the car twice as loud, lol... so, I didn't buy them. :(

:( sad

I'm lookin to get some 17s for my 99 Protege LX... but when I was browsin the ads, I came across some 18 universals... Question: will the 18s work??

i believe you have the same tails as me^^^

18's i think will work, as long as you use the 215/35/R18 tires.

correct me if i'm wrong for the 99,

that's how it is on the '03 3g

So does anyone know what offset should be used?
I had a 94 gmc and the rims for that used a positive offset. I put on some outlaws with a negative offset and it pushed the tire out of the wheel well. if I remember correctly, negative offset moves the rim out from the hub i.e. the hub moves into the the or dishes.
Most rims seem to only have a -4 offset, I would figure that should work fine.

Back