2003 Es Protege Build Thread Big Plans for 2011

NOTSPCY

:
2010 mazda 3 5door
So I decided to create a build thread that i can post info about my car on.
The main purpose for this thread is for my build that is going to be starting this month, however i will post some info on how my car got to where it is at today.
So a few months back my car spun a bearing or something in the bottom end . The shop i took it to said i was leaking oil and i must have ran it low which in turn created my lower end issue.
So i have been going back and forth on what to do . fix it then boost it , buy a used msp and strip it for parts and do a transplant to my car etc.
what the wife and i decided on with the help of a good friend who has built dragsters and is building his SRT4 <~~ no flaming aloud is that we are going to put a rebuilt motor into my car to allow me a daily driver for a few months while the motor that is getting pulled out due to the lower end issue will be torn apart and reworked and rebuilt to the highest standards possible over the course of this year.
Keep in mind i am not motor savy i know very little about turbos and pretty much anything mechanical on these cars which i know sounds bad but this is my way to read and learn about it as the project progresses .
my main goal is to build a motor that will handle enough boost with out blowing up and learn the in's and outs while doing it my self * of course with the help of many other people and shops along the way*
I have no goal set yet as to how much horsepower i want it to run . But i was told if i want 400hp you have to build the motor to handle 800 hp to be safe. And by no means do i think i will get those types of power they were just a example.
i am open to suggestions , links to info , links to parts etc.
In the next few weeks my car will be going into the shop to have the new/rebuilt motor to go in . I will be taking pics and posting info along the way. So stay tuned.
I am going to put together some goals and a parts list of what i want to acheive which ill post here soon as well.

PLANS: ( Coming Soon)

I think its in the shop getting a new temporary replacement motor...

Back