2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege Upgrades!

I had to have a little hunt around when i was looking for the instructions for the afc the second time.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...-Map-Library&p=6200932&viewfull=1#post6200932
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...ing-diagrams&p=1900862&viewfull=1#post1900862

this for the ecu pinout diagram. print both when you do the install. very easy install with 6 wires. I used gold plated bullets soldered to the wires so i could pull them out if i wanted to sell the afc. some 2-3mm RC industry bullets work great. much much better quality than the ones you can buy in auto stores.
of course some people say to solder the wires directly. which will work but kind of tricky when your in there trying to do it.

You should enjoy the msp. its a sensible car that is fun to drive. sure it wont be a race car but i dont know about you.. i cant afford to funraise for the municipality if you know what i mean.

ps, if you want a nice drop that isnt too stiff, eibach sportlines are very nice springs. stiffer but not so much to make you hate your morning commute. i might sell mine if i get coilovers next year.

I had to have a little hunt around when i was looking for the instructions for the afc the second time.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...-Map-Library&p=6200932&viewfull=1#post6200932
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...ing-diagrams&p=1900862&viewfull=1#post1900862

this for the ecu pinout diagram. print both when you do the install. very easy install with 6 wires. I used gold plated bullets soldered to the wires so i could pull them out if i wanted to sell the afc. some 2-3mm RC industry bullets work great. much much better quality than the ones you can buy in auto stores.
of course some people say to solder the wires directly. which will work but kind of tricky when your in there trying to do it.

You should enjoy the msp. its a sensible car that is fun to drive. sure it wont be a race car but i dont know about you.. i cant afford to funraise for the municipality if you know what i mean.

ps, if you want a nice drop that isnt too stiff, eibach sportlines are very nice springs. stiffer but not so much to make you hate your morning commute. i might sell mine if i get coilovers next year.

Late reply but I appreciate the info you buy. I mostly drive the car on weekends, since my weekly commute revolves around trains. I just want the car to last as long as possible. Only has about 32k on car atm. I feel the car just needs a nice tuneup and the afc.

I dont think I'll be dropping the car any lower than stock. Its good for now to my liking.

A lot of movement in the engine... I have a pretty quick msp that keeps up with modded sti, evos, srt4, g37 etc. but for me to get to this point it took a lot of headaches and a bunch of money. I would honestly recommend just staying stock and getting another car to mod unless you are very patient and willing to modify everything to fit because most parts are custom.

How can I tell if motor mounts are wearing out? They look fine to me, but I could be wrong.

You really have to get in there to be able to tell. The mount is a circular piece of rubber with a rubber piece through the center to hold the engine. That rubber through the center tends to separate from the outer ring and allows the engine to move around within the outer circle.

Honestly, at this age, regardless of mileage I would have a hard time believing they aren't destroyed. I didn't realize mine were toast until they ruined my exhaust. The extra movement cracked the weld of the exhaust pipe to the muffler. They separated and the exhaust pipe was reading in the sub frame and the muffler was dragging on the ground.

I would buy new ones and install them as preventive maintenance at this point.

My exhaust is breaking at the same weld on the front of the muffler, that's a design flaw not the motor mounts. But they should be replaced if they are cracked or torn.

I have Brushed Aluminum "Dave B Rings" and Install Disk for sale. No better way to dress up the Stock MSP Dash!

Nice I'm in the Woodbridge area I can always help out if u need it I would say just upgrade what goes bad like the smic switch that to a fmic

Looking back on some old posts and just realized that I think your victor right? with the sunlight silver msp?

Latest posts

Back