200,000 mile club? I'm now eligible.

Mike R

Contributor
Woot... And on the original timing belt!

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

It's a test, and it's a non-interference motor! And also gets great responses when I post that!

I haven't changed:
Any lights but the low beams
Water pump
Timing belt
Clutch

the struts have 170K (tokico illuminas)
OBX header has 120K
B&M Shifter has 140K
VTCS removal has 120K
MSP Pedals and Shift Knob have 120K (pedals are worn, knob looks fine)
Leather interior still looks great.
Dave B guage rings are perfect.
AWR mounts are still doing good. I took the front one out, rear has been in for 180K or so.

i suppose, as long as you can deal with being stranded if it goes, no harm done... but still. looks like you're a durability monger.. kudos to that.

my rents got 188K out of a 94 altima's stock clutch... sold it with it still in there, no idea how long it lasted, but that was timing chain (maintenance free). the only repairs we did were 2 mufflers, a set of brakes, and a set of plugs and wires.

I've got AAA, and a backup car.... I'm not worried. Gonna start doing all the stuff soon. It's only my DD, I take the real wagon on trips ( I also spend all my money on the other car)

And for anyone that thinks you can't do 7K-10K mile oil changes without damaging your car..... You're WRONG!

I've got AAA, and a backup car.... I'm not worried. Gonna start doing all the stuff soon. It's only my DD, I take the real wagon on trips ( I also spend all my money on the other car)

And for anyone that thinks you can't do 7K-10K mile oil changes without damaging your car..... You're WRONG!

Your talking on syn right and not dino I hope.

hit the 200K club about 1 1/2 months ago

im now at 2006XX

jsut never got a chance to post it. i got plent of pics of the big day

i'm not looking forward to the day my MSP joins the 100K club.... if it joined the 200K club.. I think I'd freak out.. unless it was on engine #2.

i'm not looking forward to the day my MSP joins the 100K club.... if it joined the 200K club.. I think I'd freak out.. unless it was on engine #2.

I should be to the 100k club shortly... Haven't had the car 9 months yet and already put 13k on it.

Edit: That would put my old p5 around 185k if I didnt trade it in and on the orig motor to! obviously saying that it wouldn't of gone shortly after i traded it in. The motor didn't burn any oil either when i traded it in to!

2006XX miles

original motor, tranny (had syncros replaced during a linkage problem), etc..

Replaced the timing belt 25,000 miles ago, along with the original rotors (they had meat left but the fronts were getting low.

replaced 2 calipers
Changed: O2 sensors, air filter, oil (alot) spark plugs, Coil pakcs (once), Front, side and tranny mounts, 1 cv axel (due to tranny mount) pass wheel bearing.

the car has been good but im getting some issues now and the car isnt worth much. I will be selling it. pretty cheap too. if anyone interested im on Long Island (ny) jsut pm me.

1.5 MONTHS and only 600 miles on it?

I'm over 500 in the last week!

Yes, Mobil 1 synth since I drove it home from the dealer lot wit h38 miles on it.

I replaced one caliper and one wheel bearing so far... One rotor, but it still had plenty left, resurfacing and buying new are about the same cost...

No sensors, no coil packs, I put AWR mounts on years ago. I hated the stock mounts.

Man, haven't put much milage on it in the last 11 months. Only at 233,500 now.

Had to replace the passenger side wheel bearing, the ball that holds the lift cylinder on the hatch broke a few weeks ago. Still running strong, just really needs a clutch. It's not happy about downshifting anymore.

I replaced the timing belt and water pump at 209K. A few months back I heard a weird noise, one of the timing cover bolts backed out and was hitting the hall effect wheel on the crank pulley (shocked) Easy fix, but really had me worried when I heard it.

Back