19" winterbanden- goed of slecht?

barend

:
probably goona be 192 hp cx5
Getting my new CX5-192HP in a month - can't wait!
It's got 19" wheels.
People advise me to use 17" winter wheels, because they're softer and got more rubber depth.
But: I think 19" are sexier!

Now the Dutch winters aren't very cold any more (not a snowflake in sight this winter) but I drive in Germany sometimes and if (in winter) you get involved in an accident over there, and you have general tyres, you get charged always...

Any advise?
Are there any good 19" winter tyres?

Last edited:
Keine ahnung. Es schneiet heir nicht (texas, usa). Es ist eine lange zeit gewesen seit ich beim schnee gewohnen habe. I would be more concerned about the tire size than the wheel size.

The 19" drive a lot firmer, which is something I couldn't appreciate - the car is pretty firm as it is. That is for summer- as well as winter setup.

Now, I guess you will be purchasing an extra set of rims too? If so, swapping from summer to winter-tires (or back) takes just half an hour provided you've got the right tools. I changed my winter tires back to summer tires last weekend, but if necessary (going to Germany in April) I will change 'm back. Just for these trips I wouldn't choose 19" (and, being Dutch, just as important: they are much more expensive!).

If you visit / drive through Belgium, you really don't want 19" :D.

@Chris: why the German language? You want to insult Barend? ;).

Thanks!
I appreciate they're more expensive, but would the performance on slippery roads at 0 C be worse than 17" tyres?

Back