16x8 +50 Offset Fitment?

It started to rain so spacers never got used. I'm fairly confident that they will work when I get the narrower tires on there.

nice. so, what was the tire size you used on your test fit? 225/50? no spacer in the rear, and it rubbed?

nice. so, what was the tire size you used on your test fit? 225/50? no spacer in the rear, and it rubbed?

Yea 225/50 no spacer front or rear. Rears rubbed the strut very little, and caught the fender lip too. I really really don't want to have to roll them, I've never done it.. I guess eventually if thats what it comes down to I will.

Looked like where the sidewall of the tire stuck out the most. With a 215 it will have a slight stretch and will eliminate that issue.

thanks, helps a little bit. only thing i'm not sure about is you have 225/50 tires, which is quite big. i wonder if thats why you had rubbing. i wonder if a 225/45 would be any different or not. i'm having a hard time finding some 215/45 tires...

What size does the es have? 195/60/16 stock?

225/50 would be closer to your stock size diameter wise. 215/55 is even closer.

what?!?! um, no. stock is 195/50-16.

195/50-16 has a calculated diameter of about 23.7 inches

neither of your choices are even close
225/50-16 has a calculated diameter of about 24.9 inches
215/55-16 has a calculated diameter of about 25.3 inches

closest match would be 225/45-16
225/45-16 has a calculated diameter of about 24.0 inches

even better would be a 215/45-16
215/45-16 has a calculated diameter of about 23.6 inches

why waste an 8 inch wide rim on a tire that will fit on the stock 6 inch wide rim? thats why such a wide tire.

i'm starting to look at 215/45's so i dont have to roll my fender or run spacers.

Your car isnt lowered though is it? I think thats the issue I'm running into. Tires are getting mounted today or tomorrow so hopefully I'll have pictures up soon.

Drove it to work today. The rears rub on the fender lip in the rear. So first I will take out the spacer and see how that works. If that doesnt work out I will roll the lip on it.

I drove mine today without a spacer in the rear and I'm rubbing the fender lip. Talked to a local shop and theyre gonna roll my fenders for like $30. They look nice :)

Latest posts

Back