12'+ Mazda5 Serpentine Drive Belt

Davicho

:
ZoomZoom
I've been searching for information whether videos, instructions, etc. on the removal and installation of the serpentine drive belt belt on 12'+ Mazda5s with the 2.5L engine and I can t seem to find any. Does anyone here have a link, online shop manual or any info on this? Is it the same as the old 2.3L engine? I wouldn't think so, since the old 2.3L used two separate belts as opposed to the 2.5L only using one belt. Any help would be appreciate it.

Probably the car is too new for people to start replacing.
Mine is 2012 and I was not planning to do this for another 3-4 years.
Original belt should easily last you 7 years.

Probably the car is too new for people to start replacing.
Mine is 2012 and I was not planning to do this for another 3-4 years.
Original belt should easily last you 7 years.

Mine is also a 2012 but I have 85K miles and I see a few cracks. I'd like to replace it between now and 100K miles. I am sure the belt replacement can differ from region to region. Here in SoCal its always warm to hot to very hot, but never really cold and I think the heat from the engine, the miles and the ambient temps can deteriorate the belts sooner here than in colder regions.

Wow, you are driving a lot.
I'm at half :)
Here is the instruction from the official Mazda repair manual.

Drive Belt.JPG

If you need instruction how to remove the two other plastic parts mentioned there, let me know. They basically just unscrew and unclip.

Thank you Vasy as always! Looks like a pretty easy swap being that he new 2.5L only uses one belt instead of the old 2.3L using two, the A/C belt being a PITA to change. I'm sure glad I don't have to deal with that.

Good info. :)

I need to get myself a good service manual in a few months, for future needs.

Search in google : euroesi mazda5 2.5L ...... ( belt change ) or what else...is a good start instead service manual

Davicho

Let me know if you need a hand

I am at 50 k miles

Also need to change trans fluid

Im needing to do this, where you able to find some solid instructions and what are your recommendation for belt?

I'm needing to do this, where you able to find some solid instructions and what are your recommendation for belt?

How many miles you have on your car that you need to do it?
Mine is 2012 and I see no reason till maybe another 3-4 years but perhaps I'm at low millage for now, just 80k km, so about 50k miles.
I was not able to find any reference for replacement at all but based on other car experience I'd go with 100k miles (160k km) just to be on the safe side.
https://www.mazda.ca/globalassets/en/pdf/maintenance/mazda5maintenance.pdf
https://www.mymazda.com/MusaWeb/pdf/maint_schedules/2013_MZ5_MS.pdf

Back