2016 CX9 Owners Thread

I have not had a single issue with BSM so far. What I did learn right away is that it does not alert you if you are passing cars, it only alerts you when they approach you

does the new CX-9 BSM stop working when you're below 20 mph like the previous CX-9's ? I don't like that feature, I rather have it on all the time no matter how fast I'm going. I have to remember that it stops working when below 20 mph, very annoying when you have to make split second decisions and have to think whether the BSM is off or on depending on your speed.

Hey yall, am I the only one having major issues with comfort of the drivers seat? I am 5'10, and I have tried pillows, etc. the seat curves my back in a weird C shape. It seems to lose back support in the upper back and neck is pushed too far forward. Maybe it's just me?

Hey yall, am I the only one having major issues with comfort of the drivers seat? I am 5'10, and I have tried pillows, etc. the seat curves my back in a weird C shape. It seems to lose back support in the upper back and neck is pushed too far forward. Maybe it's just me?

Isn't there a "lumbar" support option button, you can adjust it so it matches the arch of your spine (some people don't like it and retract the lumbar), for the neck too forward, I think there's tilt headrest option (might just be signature models only though) only thing you can't adjust is the seat bottom pan tilt, which is a shame, I like to have it tilted up front a little higher so my butt stays put in hard corners.

Congrats to all of you new CX-9 owners! Sharp vehicles...perhaps one of the best looking on the road right now. Hope you enjoy and thanks for sharing ownership experiences.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

i am 5' 7" and have lower back issues. i find the lumbar support adjustment adequate for my needs. but each person (and their back) is different so YMMV.

i am 5' 7" and have lower back issues. i find the lumbar support adjustment adequate for my needs. but each person (and their back) is different so YMMV.

Hey, the lower lumbar support seems adequate too. It seems like the back support curves too far backward instead of supporting the back, creating a weird C shape for my back causing back/neck pain all day. I've sat in newer cars and haven't had this problem. Oh well. Any chance my particular vehicle could be defective (doubt it)?

does the new CX-9 BSM stop working when you're below 20 mph like the previous CX-9's ? I don't like that feature, I rather have it on all the time no matter how fast I'm going. I have to remember that it stops working when below 20 mph, very annoying when you have to make split second decisions and have to think whether the BSM is off or on depending on your speed.

Today it was alerting me when I was traveling at 6MPH. I was just idling along and it was good to go at that speed. Anything slower than that and I'd be at a full stop, so it seems to essentially on pretty much all the time.

Today it was alerting me when I was traveling at 6MPH. I was just idling along and it was good to go at that speed. Anything slower than that and I'd be at a full stop, so it seems to essentially on pretty much all the time.

Excellent! Thanks for the info PocketGroove, That is an improvement and more intuitive.

I managed to fit a full sized string bass, 3 bass guitars, and 4 pieces of luggage, a small box, and a 6-pack of 60min IPA (burp) in the back comfortably and I still had a clear view out the back window....if anyone cares to see. I would say capacity is more than adequate....at leas for me.

... for the neck too forward, I think there's tilt headrest option (might just be signature models only though) only thing you can't adjust is the seat bottom pan tilt, which is a shame, I like to have it tilted up front a little higher so my butt stays put in hard corners.
No, you can't tilt, or adjust the headrests forward or backward. Only the height can be adjusted on the headrests. It's true that the position of headrests on Mazda's is very forwarded which makes some people feel unconformable. My wife and I didn't like the headrest position in our CX-5 initially, but now we're kind of getting used to it.

No, you can't tilt, or adjust the headrests forward or backward. Only the height can be adjusted on the headrests. It's true that the position of headrests on Mazda's is very forwarded which makes some people feel unconformable. My wife and I didn't like the headrest position in our CX-5 initially, but now we're kind of getting used to it.

It's not just Mazda, most new cars seem to have this characteristic for safety's sake. Eliminates whiplash. Not necessarily comfortable though.

I have not had a single issue with BSM so far. What I did learn right away is that it does not alert you if you are passing cars, it only alerts you when they approach you

yes, because the sensors are in the back. the BSM use the SAME sensors used for rear traffic alert when you have the transmission in reverse.

Exactly. this is what I said in my previous post. You need to be at 10kmh (5mph+) at least I think for the BSM to work.

Definitely a head turner. As close as it is to the concept design.

34de34a8ed78cbbff89a5d2447456fbc.jpg

Love the signature with my 22s

80a5f4318dced84b2be1d3ea9a7f7f17.jpg

Well, yesterday I drove from Atlanta up to Tennessee, so I thought I'd share my experiences with my new machine.

Atlanta rush hour is a most extreme commute! In situations like that, the BSM and lane keep assist tech. was great to have. Since I'm not one to multitask behind the wheel, I do think that the lane keep assist is insulting my driving style, as it seems to think I am drunk or asleep at the wheel most of the time, as it's constantly bumping me away from a line.

Traffic App: Love it. Helped me adjust my route in real time around some stoppage.

Navigation: it's pretty ok. I took a call mid-trip, and I was asked how far away I was from my destination. Well, I had to clue. The screens I was on didn't give me an arrival timer. I imagine that info has to be somewhere...seriously, where is it? I do like how the voice kicks into the left channel and my podcast plays on the right.

Radar Cruise Control: I like it. It works. Personally, I don't even like using cruise control when there is surrounding traffic, but this system works surprisingly well.

Auto wipers: Hit every kind of rain there is on this trip and sensors are tuned nicely.

AWD: Even in monsoon levels of rain, I always felt in control.

Tire sound: Depending on the pavement, this SUV can go from silent to smooth to rumble to screech.

Seat comfort: I wish I could say it was perfect, but it's not. The materials are comfortable but the seat is on the narrow side and pushes the shoulders inward a bit. I found pulling the steering wheel all the way out, moving the seat forward, but then leaning the back support back put me in a less "engaged" position. Yeah...I'm from ATL, need that gansta lean.

Arm rests: Console rest: perfect. Driver Door rest: All wrong for me. Left arm really doesn't settle anywhere naturally when driving with only the right hand on the wheel.

MPG: After the traffic, I was averaging 25.5MPG on the highway.

Thanks for reading...just thought I'd type out a few observations on my first real road trip.

Traffic App: Love it. Helped me adjust my route in real time around some stoppage.

Ok, I'm really confused. There is no live-traffic available on the new CX-9 to my knowledge. Mazda no longer supports it:

I see a HD Radio regional traffic map but it is huge and you can't zoom in on it and it's not part of the nav screen. I also see that you can get historical traffic data ( Navigation Info -> Traffic -> Traffic History) but it does not show real time traffic but only relies on 'historical' traffic patterns. So if there is rush-hour traffic every day on a highway, the nav might route you to a side road. But if there is a wreck on the highway, the nav has no way of knowing that.

mttavp.jpg

I would love to get real-time traffic routing on the nav --- am I missing something?? Sounds like your nav was able to route around real-time stoppages?

Looks great. How's the ride on 22's? What did you do with the brand new 20's?

Thanks. I really did't noticed a huge difference while in motion compared to the OEM. But I guess a got used to it since I had these 22s from my old 13 CX9. I transferred it to here when I did the trade in and the original rims? I save it here in my storage. I might need it in the future. Who knows.

Latest posts

Back