Service Bulletin FIX USB playback and SMS Bluetooth!!! NB1/TOMTOM ONLY ('12-15')

Does anyone remember the original module in your vehicle? I just came from the dealer with the bulletin in my hand and they told me I was all up to date and its just something I have to live with.

So I naturally I didn't believe them and found this thread. I opened up my grove box and took a picture of my module and the last four are different from what the TSP says. Mine ends in DH0B instead of DH0Z. I just want to confirm mine is the old one before I rip the service department a new one tomorrow.

Does anyone remember the original module in your vehicle? I just came from the dealer with the bulletin in my hand and they told me I was all up to date and its just something I have to live with.

So I naturally I didn't believe them and found this thread. I opened up my grove box and took a picture of my module and the last four are different from what the TSP says. Mine ends in DH0B instead of DH0Z. I just want to confirm mine is the old one before I rip the service department a new one tomorrow.

Hold power and seek with Radio On then enter code 38

This should show you the firmware version. 7.0 is the "new" one. Just turn radio off to get out of mode

FullSizeRender-6.jpg

What is witrh all service depts!

I got a crok of it as well with the 1st service writer I saw about the issue. If I recall they tried to update my original module and could only go up to 6.45! After a few well ,placed complaints (Mazda USA too), a different service writer took the TSB in hand and confirmed that there was indeed a different module (firmware ver 7.00) and ordered it! (He was great to work with!!!).

Now pretty happy...the usb issues are gone and my android phones STAY paired!!

If need be, I would not be shy and call MAZDA Mothership to assist...they really cleared out the deadwood for me!(bow)

I got a crok of it as well with the 1st service writer I saw about the issue. If I recall they tried to update my original module and could only go up to 6.45! After a few well ,placed complaints (Mazda USA too), a different service writer took the TSB in hand and confirmed that there was indeed a different module (firmware ver 7.00) and ordered it! (He was great to work with!!!).

Now pretty happy...the usb issues are gone and my android phones STAY paired!!

If need be, I would not be shy and call MAZDA Mothership to assist...they really cleared out the deadwood for me!(bow)
Thankfully I called that number on the first page and got a reference quickly. The rep said she knew exactly what I was calling about also.

Do not let them update the old one...Waste of time!

My old module was v6.01.000.

Do not let them update the old one...Waste of time!
I wasted a day or two when they updated my old 6.01 module to I believe 6.45! It was a total fail!!!
The dealer here said that was the latest and greatest...maybe for that module but...

That is when I enlisted Mazda USA's assistance, and got a different module with Ver 7.0...
As was stated...They knew exactly what I was talking about and called my dealer while I was still on the line!
That ended the B.S.

If I remember my electronics, the reason for the different module part number is that whoever is doing the work, actually has to do some sort of hardware update to the old module to permit the Ver 7.00 firmware to function! If you remember the TSB, it states, that the module MUST be ordered from (whoever) and a BRAND NEW Module NOT be ordered!!
I suspect that the brand new MAZDA modules are not yet updated, and have to be sent out for hardware moding!

Apparently there are a few forum lurkers here in the Reno area. The writer that helped stated that there were a few owners that came in mentioning this thread!!!

Last edited:
We have both a 2014 Mazda 6 GT and a 2015 CX5 GT and we both have Galaxy S5 phones. SMS messages have been a major source of complaint with these vehicles. I have read that the update available now only fixes the playback of SMS messages with iPhones, not Android. Has anyone that has gotten ver 7 confirmed that? After doing bluetooth factory resets in both vehicles, my Mazda 6 is currently downloading messages and emails and allows reading and voice playback on them (didn't playback until I did the factory reset). The CX5 attempts downloads, says they are successful, but you can't read or play them. Still waiting for an announcement that a fix is available for that from Mazda.

We have both a 2014 Mazda 6 GT and a 2015 CX5 GT and we both have Galaxy S5 phones. SMS messages have been a major source of complaint with these vehicles. I have read that the update available now only fixes the playback of SMS messages with iPhones, not Android. Has anyone that has gotten ver 7 confirmed that? After doing bluetooth factory resets in both vehicles, my Mazda 6 is currently downloading messages and emails and allows reading and voice playback on them (didn't playback until I did the factory reset). The CX5 attempts downloads, says they are successful, but you can't read or play them. Still waiting for an announcement that a fix is available for that from Mazda.

I am confirming that: Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5, Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 are all properly using SMS on version 7. For the Samsung's I would urge you not to change to any other app like hangouts or the likes. The Apple iPhone 6 works great too (this is my current daily phone). In the BT setup for the iPhone on iOS 8.3 make sure the show notifications is enabled and works fine with head unit on 7.00.00

Cheers,

Al

I was sent emails yesterday from my dealer and Mazda Hands Free that TSB 09-15-13 had finally been released in Canada.

I am confirming that: Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5, Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 are all properly using SMS on version 7. For the Samsung's I would urge you not to change to any other app like hangouts or the likes. The Apple iPhone 6 works great too (this is my current daily phone). In the BT setup for the iPhone on iOS 8.3 make sure the show notifications is enabled and works fine with head unit on 7.00.00

Cheers,

Al

Al, that is very promising! Just so I can give the dealer a complete justification, are you saying before the update you could not get Android SMS text messages to download and play, and after the update you could? I know they are going to question this since the TSB says only iPhones are fixed and Android will be later.

Thanks,

Mike

Just re-paired my Android v5.0.1 HTC M8, it only worked for a couple days this time, instead of the couple weeks it sometimes lasts before it stops working again.

Uhhh... they already replaced mine, didn't make a bit of difference, it still works for a couple weeks, then stops working until I un-pair and re-pair it, then it works again for a couple more weeks, then stops working, rinse and repeat...

When did they replace yours? Lot's of people had theirs replaced before this new module was released, and it was only available starting in mid March. So if you had your's replaced before then, you have the old module which still has all the same issues.

I had my module replaced on Wednesday this week.
Took about 20 minutes after leaving dealer before it worked.
My phone is an Iphone 6+ with latest update.
My experience so far is positive. Phone syncs faster, when connected to USB it connects faster and it starts at last song played.
It downloads texts and reads them to me.

I haven't checked my module yet, but my software shows as version 8.0 weird as everyone is talking very 7. I haven't had any work done on my car unless I have a really old module (my car is a 2013)
8e81b3d86059f87d52172600efca39e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back