Rally Man's -van thread

New tail lights! The only thing I dislike on the 5 where the terrible redesigned tail lights they made. Seriously, what where they thinking? So finally got tired of looking at them. Also got a OEM bumper guard.

Did you get the T/GT LED tail lights or did you go old school (my personal preference) triple circled ones?

Finally installed my OEM rear bumper guard....

2qd3lax.jpg

I came many times to scratching my bumper so I finally decided to get one.

Finally installed my OEM rear bumper guard....

2qd3lax.jpg

I came many times to scratching my bumper so I finally decided to get one.

I figure might as well wait... If i scratch that bumper then I can get it before I sell the car.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Finally installed my new tail lights! I'm so happy to finally get rid of the ugly triangle versions I had.

Pics:
2itk7bk.jpg

5k20jt.jpg

16gd8na.jpg

As you can see I got the dark colored version instead of the silver version. I'm really happy with them, and yes they are OEM's.

Well just purchase a new set of wheels! Black Enkei PF01 17x8. According to Tire Rack they only weigh 16.9 lbs. Plus they'll be easier to clean :D

znxMdFt.jpg

But I'm not sure they'll stay black, stay tuned....

Last edited:
So I've had one of my Koni rear shocks waiting for its siblings for some time. So when the other rear shock came in yesterday I placed it with my first one. But was a bit shocked as to rusting on the two nuts that hold the shock to the vehicle. Not impressed (headshake. These nuts haven't really been exposed to the elements on the road. So of I went to buys some SS nuts. Here's the before and after pic:

11kuj4y.jpg

You think Koni could of included SS nuts. I wonder how the nuts hold out back east with the salt.

hi, Was gonna start a thread for myself as well but you have been doing almost everything I was gonna. I also have a 2010 liquid silver sport. Love how yours is coming together

So I've had one of my Koni rear shocks waiting for its siblings for some time. So when the other rear shock came in yesterday I placed it with my first one. But was a bit shocked as to rusting on the two nuts that hold the shock to the vehicle. Not impressed (headshake. These nuts haven't really been exposed to the elements on the road. So of I went to buys some SS nuts.
You think Koni could of included SS nuts. I wonder how the nuts hold out back east with the salt.

Usually SS parts are not as strong as steel parts. Were the nuts the same grade? I'm not sure how much stress the rear shocks take - worse thing that could happen is that the shocks come loose.

this https://www.kimballmidwest.com/Catalog/MarketingText/A%20Fastener%20Primer%20-%20Stainless%20Steel%20By%20Guy%20Avellon.pdf says that most common stainless fastners are grade 2 at the highest.

Usually SS parts are not as strong as steel parts. Were the nuts the same grade? I'm not sure how much stress the rear shocks take - worse thing that could happen is that the shocks come loose.

this https://www.kimballmidwest.com/Catalog/MarketingText/A%20Fastener%20Primer%20-%20Stainless%20Steel%20By%20Guy%20Avellon.pdf says that most common stainless fastners are grade 2 at the highest.

Although these are equivalent grade 5 nuts (I say this because in metric it's class, in this case they are 8), you're right about not knowing the original strength of nuts supplied. Damn I should of know better, and i work in the sheetmetal industry!

Well hell! My Konis had the hardware in a separate little baggy that was vacuum sealed. Did yours come that way also and you just put them on the shaft to avoid losing them? That nut lives inside the vehicle so it shouldn't ever get any severe rust, just surface stuff like you have. I'm pretty sure my hardware was Nyloc also....

Goodies!

OK got some of my goodies installed, first of are energy suspension FSB gresable bushings.

attachment.php

Next up are Corksport's adjustable camber arm & adjustable rear toe arm...

attachment.php

And finally JBR RSB kit with Corksport sway bar end links...

attachment.php

Oh dear God the fingerprints! LOL You're gonna go crazy with the microfibre keeping those beauties looking nice. Favor us with a perspective shot where we can see the whole car please....

I'll do once she's clean. I sprinkled a bit and made the car look like it hasn't been washed for 2 months. (argh)

Back