I finally did it too!!

Well here it is. I like it myself. Car handles better going from 15 to 16 with the same tire make and width.

Next is the strut and shocks which will make handle even better. Just turned 100k last week.

Looks good and frees up headaches if you get/have some snow tires to fit the 15s.

Hey Bruce, any idea what the guys in the Miata club were making their splitters/ lips out of that your spoke about this weekend?

I had put the hitch on a few weeks ago. Got a wiring kit from Curt that promised no splicing or cutting of wires.

The is the BEST wiring kit for a trailer I have ever installed. Clips directly in at the tail lights using the existing sockets. Pull out the wiring plug, plug into one side of the wiring harness and plug the trailer harness into the existing taillight socket. Very slick.

Used the Miata and a small utility trailer to pick a Gazebo for the deck. Execpt for the noise, I never knew the trailer was there.

Going to try my hand at striping the rims with red paint. If it doesn't work, no biggie, the rims are going to be powdercoated this winter.

Going to try my hand at striping the rims with red paint. If it doesn't work, no biggie, the rims are going to be powdercoated this winter.

If you haven't started the project yet and want to try an easy way to test out the look before painting, there is red pin striping at autozone/advanace auto/stores like that that I have seen people use on their wheels for that look. Might be worth a shot and save some time.

If you haven't started the project yet and want to try an easy way to test out the look before painting, there is red pin striping at autozone/advanace auto/stores like that that I have seen people use on their wheels for that look. Might be worth a shot and save some time.

Thanks. I already bought some metal paint. Will try applying with the wheels turning so get a hopefully smooth circle. If not I can wipe it off before it dries and try again. Hope to do this tomorrow night.

Well the paint did not work so well. Back to the drawing board.

On the other hand, been trying to find a bracket to hold the DashHawk but no luck. Was rummaging around in my garage, love saying that, and found an old BlackBerry holder. Moved my other BB holder higher and mounted the DashHawk in the lower one. Finally have a decent place.

Attachments

• DSC02979 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02979 (Medium).JPG
    73 KB · Views: 122
What about creating a pod like mine? We could hide the outlet too.

30lknd5.jpg

There is not alot room in the coin tray area for the dashhawk. Might give it a try but i need the lighter outlet to charge my phone and headset. The pic shows it being covered up. Can that be done? I also would like to keep the coin tray. Not a lot of usable space in the cabin.

I like mine since it cost me zero bucks and some wrenching.

Back