I finally did it too!!

Don't mind the dust..
3681569537_ddd5897252.jpg

3682383658_e8999fc8de.jpg

For me, the screen doesn't get blocked by the steering wheel.

The cord is a Mini B USB cable. A lot of devices use the same type, like cameras, etc.

It's your typical USB cable. If you have one laying around it will work. I have a couple laying around my place if you can't get one from the guy.

As for the shift light, yes you can set it at a specific RPM range. I'll bring my laptop with the program on it to show you. I have mine set for three different RPMs with different colors for each.

Have you seen where mine is located? It might be a place to look into to mounting yours. (Mine is on the steering column)

ps Posting from the cell phone = fail.

Thanks for the info Chris. I tried a few but nothing seemed to work. Is it a Vista Issue? If it is Vista, is there a workaround.

As for mounting, the steering column would block the ODO I think. I will take a look. I sit much lower in the Miata that the 6.

Thanks for the info Chris. I tried a few but nothing seemed to work. Is it a Vista Issue? If it is Vista, is there a workaround.

As for mounting, the steering column would block the ODO I think. I will take a look. I sit much lower in the Miata that the 6.

Hmmm ya I think vista is the problem..

Here's some info on that from the Dashhawk forum.
http://www.msdignition.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9623

Here's what you have to do to have the DashHawk run properly ...

1. Go to the ACTUAL PROGRAM file (not the short cut) by navigating to:

c:\Program Files\DashHawk V2\DashHawk.exe

2. RIGHT Click on DashHawk.exe

3. In the PROPERTIES dialog, click on the Compatibility Tab

4. CLICK ON THE CHECKBOX for "Run this program as administrator"

Hey, cool thanks Zach. I will try that tonite.

Also for the shift light, do you need the tach to be visible in one of the boxes?

Nope. Mine isn't in one of the displays.

So how do you do that?

Still looking for a better place to install the Dash Hawk. Anyone know of any mounting solutions?

rec'd the trailer wiring harness Monday. Looks like no splicing is required, goes inline with the light socket. Will try it out and see.

hey bruce, tackled the brakes today, well tried...3 bad rotors, 2 calipers and 4 bad pads! (freak) i don't get it, we put them on about 30k miles ago? oh well, ordering the rotors and front pads today! maybe we can get together to install them? i could use a hand...

So how do you do that?

Still looking for a better place to install the Dash Hawk. Anyone know of any mounting solutions?

It's set in the program on the PC itself. I could probably set yours for you if I remember to bring my laptop.

So how do you do that?

rec'd the trailer wiring harness Monday. Looks like no splicing is required, goes inline with the light socket. Will try it out and see.

When you have it plugged into the computer, and launch the Dashhawk program.... Click the settings button on the main screen.

Then on the top of that window that springs up, there will be a tab for "Alert Configuration Editor"

From there you will see five different alerts that you can set. Click edit on one of them. The PID that you want to select is under "Sensors - RPM." From there you will be able to choose the color of the Alert when you meet the criteria that you have set.

Like mine for the speed3 I have it set to:
>= 5500rpm it will flash yellow.
>=5800rpm it will flash orange
>=6000rpm it will flash red and it will make a ticking noise (which is their Alarm)

(speed3/6 power dies after that).

hey bruce, tackled the brakes today, well tried...3 bad rotors, 2 calipers and 4 bad pads! (freak) i don't get it, we put them on about 30k miles ago? oh well, ordering the rotors and front pads today! maybe we can get together to install them? i could use a hand...

Sure Mark, be glad to. When? Tonite and tomorrow nite I have to work, Friday Nite is open. Saturday and Sunday down at the cape but will be driving back sat nite most likely. Let me know.

Thanks Zach and Chris. Will try that hopefully before Saturday

Sure Mark, be glad to. When? Tonite and tomorrow nite I have to work, Friday Nite is open. Saturday and Sunday down at the cape but will be driving back sat nite most likely. Let me know.

noworkie this week...i'm off to ME tonight for the weekend...next weekend? sat?

noworkie this week...i'm off to ME tonight for the weekend...next weekend? sat?

Sure. Let me check with the GF. Anniversary on Saturday. 27 wonderful years. I hope my wife does not find out.

Might be Sunday.

Got a wind blocker for the car. Tried it out today. Seems to work pretty well. Held in place with some Velcro straps and can be easily removed. Found a place to store it in the back of the drivers seat.

Picked up a nice set of wheels and tires for my wife's car. Been looking for a set to replace the steel rims. Tires are in great shape and the wheels are clean. Off a 2005 ZX4.

New Rims for the Focus

Well here it is. I like it myself. Car handles better going from 15 to 16 with the same tire make and width.

Next is the strut and shocks which will make handle even better. Just turned 100k last week.

Attachments

• DSC02976 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02976 (Medium).JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC02977 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02977 (Medium).JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC02978 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02978 (Medium).JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 111
Back