I finally did it too!!

Rims and tires will arrive next week. Also ordered a rear spoiler and that will be in next week as well

alright bruce!

1991-mazda-miata-1.jpg

Wheels look good Bruce. What color will you be painting/powdercoating them?

alright bruce!

1991-mazda-miata-1.jpg

Hmm, no.

Hahaha! Pics Bruce?

There is a pic of the wheel and tire further up. Will take some more once I get them

were you gonna auto-x this year?
Hi John, did it last year with Renegade Miata and had a blast. Will do it again this year.

Wheels look good Bruce. What color will you be painting/powdercoating them?

Not sure Jeff, gloss silver?? Probably paint to start and powdercoat later

Tires and rims arrived today. Rims are in great shape, will paint them gloss silver over the winter. The tires are in better shape than the seller said. Looks like I can get a summer out of them, Kumho Escta MX's.

Also found a used BeatRush Front strut bar that will be in next week.

Rear Spoiler should be in this week. Will install it next week.

Can't wait for summer.

Dish soap? That strips wax off, but you'd have to re-wax the car. Oleg can answer that question the best.

Dish soap to clean the general area. Then any form of isopropyl acetate will work such as rubbing alcohol for where the tape will stick.

i think black wheels on a red car look uber hot! but if blacks out i'd go with silver:D

Kind of thinking what to paint the wheels?

Gloss Silver
Chrome

Thoughts?

Out of those two options - silver. You should look into black chrome, that would look hawt on the red!

Attachments

• black chrome.jpg
    black chrome.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 79
Dish soap? That strips wax off, but you'd have to re-wax the car. Oleg can answer that question the best.

Thanks Oleg?

Dish soap to clean the general area. Then any form of isopropyl acetate will work such as rubbing alcohol for where the tape will stick.

Josh, I have some stuff to remove sap. Doesn't seem to harm the paint, will that do as opposed to acetate? I do have some rubbing alcohol I think, need to check.

i think black wheels on a red car look uber hot! but if blacks out i'd go with silver:D

Hey Mark, not into the stealth look.

Out of those two options - silver. You should look into black chrome, that would look hawt on the red!

Hey Jeff, not bad, I'd forgotten black chrome. Hard to imagine what it would look like. Thoughts anyone?

Beatrush FTSB is on it's way and should be hear next week.

Plan to install the spoiler on Monday, not enough time before that as I'm going to see the manhatten Transfer tonite in Portsmouth and will be gone Friday to Sunday skiing in Quebec with my brother.

Also painting in the garage. How do you guys do it without getting the overspray on other things?, walls, etc. Seems to hang like a mist.

Hey Jeff, not bad, I'd forgotten black chrome. Hard to imagine what it would look like. Thoughts anyone?

Get a good pic of the car with the wheels mounted and maybe someone can photoshop it? Where's Josh?

The rear spoiler arrived today. Very nice, better than I thought. Was the best way to clean the wax and dirt off to get the tape to stick?
You can do an isopropyl alcohol wipedown (IPA wipedown), this removes it all on the paint.

Back