What have you done to your MSP today?

Yes. Exhaust would be escaping before it hits the turbo turbine, therefore the turbine won't be spinning as much as it should be, therefore less boost, resulting in less performance.

Ok. Sucks I gotta take this mani off to reweld it though. It's gonna be a longgg day when I do it.
I just wanted to make sure though. Since the CEL turned off, I punched it a few times, and sometimes the car would slow down then pick back up. But it was trying to go and run right but it just wasnt going and wasn't running right. When i really get on it thats when I start going nowhere pretty much, but if I'm just barely increasing the gas it runs normal, but thats not being in boost basically. Car still picks up though.

And a couple times my boost guage was only showing 4psi,5psi,floored. Another time 6psi but the car usually hit's more anyway cause of the atp wga even if only for a second.
I knew I had to reweld the mani, I tried jb weld but that s*** didnt hold for more than a day, it's just when the CEL was on the problem wasnt as noticable for some reason. Then again, I never really punched it too much when it was on, and never tried to race anything since I knew I wasnt running right. And being slowed down anyway from too much fuel.

Does anyone know if there are any welders that would be able to reach the back of the Thunder Manifold w/o taking it off. Worth a shot, I don't know what all welders look like so thought I'd ask.

just bought a jdm mazdaspeed oil cap to match the rest of the red under the hood. still waiting on medieval grill cover and dead pedal.

Attachments

• P1010193.JPG
    P1010193.JPG
    482.6 KB · Views: 130
  • P1010192.JPG
    P1010192.JPG
    623 KB · Views: 126
Finished Tig welding my custom FMIC piping now i just need to figure out where to place the nipples and BOV flange at..I made two different upper Coldpipes for relocation of MAF or not relocated and the same for the CAI..and I also need to get them powdercoated SATIN BLACK....

Last edited:
just bought a jdm mazdaspeed oil cap to match the rest of the red under the hood. still waiting on medieval grill cover and dead pedal.

are you on the list on my thread about people waiting on parts from him? the adp is nice but in the hot summer heat you need a towel on the back of your hand to keep the metal from burning you if you just finished driving.

got my turbohoses kit in the mail today but I have to wait for the couplers because their humphose couplers are on back order for the color I want and they just sent mine with straight couplers. next on the list is the boostsciences rdv and 1" silicone piping, some new fittings and ill kill the damn turkey

are you on the list on my thread about people waiting on parts from him? the adp is nice but in the hot summer heat you need a towel on the back of your hand to keep the metal from burning you if you just finished driving.

i didn't even know there was a thread about him, i've been wondering why i haven't received an email or any notification at all, i think i might cancel the order on that note.

i didn't even know there was a thread about him, i've been wondering why i haven't received an email or any notification at all, i think i might cancel the order on that note.

he has bad record keeping but to his credit he is keeping his end of the bargain he just has to know he owes you something, i will send you the link to the thread and just post in the way the first post describes. I will then add you to the list. make sure you make it clear you did not know about the thread

Yea, my car stalls at random times. If I take it out of gear before I'm about to make a turn sometimes it stalls.

If I go into boost then let off and take it out of gear sometimes it stalls. Other times the idle dips back and fourth like it's gonna stall but doesnt while coasting to a stop out of gear. Other times it will stall but start itself back up again.

Trick is, when say your turning and you take it out of gear or you see the needle try to drop, just tap the gas a little bit, or two times if you have to and put it back into gear and problem solved.

Been open vented since 2003, never going back to recirculated.

I dragged her out to a car meet last night, looks like my modding efforts are paying off...no one noticed she was modded....still looks stock from the outside...

do you have an Engine Bay picture ? i would like to see how is your Setup with the BOV.. that usually happends when you don't recirculate, sounds like a BOV issue....

Don't have an engine bay pic handy. I've had an HKS in place running a dual valve setup for almost a year now with no problems. The odd idle/stalling only started a couple weeks ago (right after my wife borrowed the car.....). I've since installed new plugs and a catless middy, the plugs helped a little, but I've still had a rolling stall once or twice since I put them in.

I disconnected the battery, yeah.

No EMS yet.

Also, I plan on doing the timing belt next weekend, I remember seeing a link to a haynes manual procedure, but my searching isn't turning up anything. Anybody have that handy?

Back