2017~2024 Finally took her out

So would I,if Mazda can keep me around long enough for it to happen...

The new Forester is due for release soon, it's already been pictured on the road in heavy camouflage. Might be worth looking into. They will probably bump up the power past 250 HP in the XT version. I test drove the existing XT and it was a blast to drive, but the dated exterior/interior was a deal breaker.

The vast majority of people that buy the CX-5 are older women and men that don't care one bit about the HP or the 0-60 times.

I'm not sure that's all true because you leave out the handling. I drive the first year AWD with 2.0 engine. Sure I complain about the lack of power, but I'm not pining for a rocket version 'cause I appreciate the fuel economy (best-in-class in 2012). I AM very likely to replace it with the diesel version when it comes available here. But I bought it for it's economy AND it's fun-to-drive character as it handled better than anything in it's segment on initial release. I value the handling despite the lack of power because handling is important to me, and likely to many others.

My other car is also slow and under powered compared to the competition. My MX-5 is stock except for Flying Miata adjustable sway bars front and rear as handling is important. The CX-5 is the most affordable fun I could have after storing the Miata for the winter.

Brian

Over here it's a mixture of people of all ages who buy the CX-5

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Cruise control only works up to 145kph/~90mph

Top speed limited

5d2cc157cf57d48e08e23e29e9d1bc2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Top speed limited

Look at it go!

How's the noise levels at that speed(scratch)

Also can confirm its speed limited from all the articles I've read plus probably would take more kw to go faster than what it comes with to counteract the weight and it's height

It's got get up and go at US speeds. But over 100, is where *some* people will whine

It's quieter than my 2016 was. TBH, the 2017 doesn't "feel" like it's going as fast as the indicator says like the 2016.

Last edited:
It's got get up and go at US speeds. But over 100, are where people will whine

Well our max speed limit is 110kmh. So good to know it has the pep needed to get there [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well our max speed limit is 110kmh. So good to know it has the pep needed to get there [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Poor guy...140kph is about it some states in the US

FYI AIO tweaks were rejected by the infotainment system.

My 2017 was the first one on the dealers lot.

Top speed limited

You know I never tested my cruise control that high, but I did a few trips on I-80 in Wyoming.

Had plenty of instances where I was going 110+ MPH. It certainly loses pickup above 100, but push it and it will go.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This and my M4 will be sad when we move back to the Rocky Mountains and their gravel infested roads....

Ain't that the truth? You don't even want to see a close up of my hood and all it's rock chips LOL!

Ain't that the truth? You don't even want to see a close up of my hood and all it's rock chips LOL!

Last time I moved back, BOTH cars had new windshields inside of 6 moths...and sometimes clearbra doesn't help.

Last time I moved back, BOTH cars had new windshields inside of 6 moths...and sometimes clearbra doesn't help.

Yep! I lucked out. My CX-5 windshield lasted just under 4 years before it cracked.

My cars before that though, it was every year.

FYI AIO tweaks were rejected by the infotainment system.

My 2017 was the first one on the dealers lot.

My car was a version behind when I bought it. Apparently "make sure the radio is up to date" is not on my dealers new car sale checklist.

My car was a version behind when I bought it. Apparently "make sure the radio is up to date" is not on my dealers new car sale checklist.

Yea, that's too bad for me.

Thanks to @lowincash , I was able to do "hack" the DRLs.

I was going to write Mazda USA and complain. I need the ability to turn off the headlights because daily I go through a security gate a we are supposed to dim our lights. It's a work around, but they really should update the software with the light accents operating independently of the headlights. Additionally I really wish I could code the accents to be much brighter.

*Light switch in the off position.
* Engage emergency parking brake.
* Push ignition button twice.
* Step on brake and keep foot on brake the whole time.
* Turn light switch to parking lights then back to off five times really quickly (have to scroll pass auto if you have auto lights)
* Hit the hazards 10 times really quickly (basically on and off 5 times)
* Turn light to parking on and off 5 times again.
* Disengage emergency parking brakes.
* Release foot from brake pedal.

65c1a5845c001cb347061f5ca6d6e6d1.jpg

Back