I'm buying a CX-5

I don't understand why anyone even bothers with factory navigation when Waze (or Google maps) is free.
hundreds of reasons, like not willing to pay for cell phone data, being out of range, or not willing to share you routes with evil corporations

hundreds of reasons, like not willing to pay for cell phone data, being out of range, or not willing to share you routes with evil corporations
Who pays for cellphone data? Pretty much every single plan has unlimited data. And besides Waze is smart enough that it automatically downloads the entire map before you start out. You do have a point with the evil corps though.

Who pays for cellphone data? Pretty much every single plan has unlimited data. And besides Waze is smart enough that it automatically downloads the entire map before you start out. You do have a point with the evil corps though.

And you are paying for that.
We have 3 people on a 3gb shared plan for $35/month total.
Unlimited plans plans are ~$135/month.
Yes, I'm that cheap. :)

My in-laws still have flip phones (which are very cheap), so they use built-in nav on their vehicles.

And you are paying for that.
We have 3 people on a 3gb shared plan for $35/month total.
Unlimited plans plans are ~$135/month.
Yes, I'm that cheap. :)

My in-laws still have flip phones (which are very cheap), so they use built-in nav on their vehicles.
You're right the unlimited plans are expensive. Two phones with Verizon, $122.00 per month.

Back