Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

I put on the OEM Front and Rear Mud Flaps last night. They look good.

kmUDmX9.jpg

X2z6fNH.jpg

There was a step that I had to cut out a piece of the splash shield on my car and it hurt me inside. Thank god it all installed perfectly.

did you have to buy the front separate ? i asked for these at the dealer and i only got back guards . buy the way good job on install they look good .

Nice:)

Is it easy to fix it on?

They are very easy but it took a little bit to correctly decipher the instructions. The pictures and descriptions are not very clear. The first one for the front and back took about 10 minutes each and the second one for front and back took about 5 minutes. Total time for all four was about 30 minutes. I am happy with how sturdy they affix. The rear mud flaps look really good and flow with the wheel well line.

did you have to buy the front separate ? i asked for these at the dealer and i only got back guards . buy the way good job on install they look good .

I did buy the front separate. I paid about $95 for both shipped to my door. My dealer didn't have either of them. Thanks! (thumb)

They do look good, I only wish that the fronts were as big as the backs. Been tempted to get RokBlokz for the added protection.

I agree that the front mud flaps are very small and near pointless. I haven't heard of RokBlokz but will be googling this now.

They are very easy but it took a little bit to correctly decipher the instructions. The pictures and descriptions are not very clear. The first one for the front and back took about 10 minutes each and the second one for front and back took about 5 minutes. Total time for all four was about 30 minutes. I am happy with how sturdy they affix. The rear mud flaps look really good and flow with the wheel well line.

I did buy the front separate. I paid about $95 for both shipped to my door. My dealer didn't have either of them. Thanks! (thumb)

What tools did you use for this? I'm planning to get those soon.
Thanks!

What tools did you use for this? I'm planning to get those soon.
Thanks!

That's a good question. I used a mini 1/4" drive ratchet with a socket that can't remember what size for the screws. Directions called for a torque wrench but I'm ok with tightening screws by feel. If you order the OEM ones they should come with directions that have the list of tools.

I used some small side cutters to remove the piece of splash shield. The small little blades allowed me to easily cut the exact square out.

Dang I just spent a bunch of money on aliexpress and japanparts.com. I'll try not to post so much. Sorry if I bug I'm just geeking out on my new ride. I got some plastidip too. So many ideas...

I wonder if these fit in the 2016. Anyone know if the storage areas are the same in the 2016?

2017 is coming out soon; how is the 2016 so far behind on parts and accessories in online shopping?

I confirm that they dont fit 2016.

Only a few will but nkt the entire kit

tail lights done today . everything but roof rack and wheel center caps blacked out .
13023566_10209252174165386_1368315011_n.jpg

Horrible. This is a huge safety concern for you and others behind you. Leave the lenses the way they were supposed to be. I almost rear ended someone with blacked out lenses because I couldn't see them during the day and couldn't tell they were braking.

Yeah, that looks horrible and is unsafe. Just as horrid as douche bags wearing sunglasses at night.

I remember back in the late 90's, random stickers was the ricer fad. Nowadays, it's tinted lights beyond visibility.

Horrible. This is a huge safety concern for you and others behind you. Leave the lenses the way they were supposed to be. I almost rear ended someone with blacked out lenses because I couldn't see them during the day and couldn't tell they were braking.

if you can't tell you are going faster the the car in front of you and that maybe you need to slow down maybe you shouldn't be driving ? and the 3rd brake light was left alone so people like you can still see it lulz .{ see i did think of you cuz i care that much } im not in the car hitting the brakes either so might be why you can't see em . most people dont drive with the lights on in the daytime so you still wouldn't see them till breaks were hit . every other driver seems to know to stay back off of my ass so they dont run into me so unless you're one of them people that drive so far up on to the bumper that i couldn't see you you won't have this problem and at that point seeing my breaks aint gonna help you . that being said i'm glad you like it . thank you . :)

20d8f591317d156220e1c32f95ac9e45.jpg

Out with the old and in with the New box and speakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

love it . wish i could do more then im doing but i want to keep the room for other things so im only doing one sub :-( . are they 15s ? what watts you pushing to them ?

My Tail pipe modification...before & after

20gnm95.jpg

mw7fq8.jpg

2vw8tpf.jpg

330hf7c.jpg

Unless I have missed it browsing through all of this thread - can someone tell me what exhaust tips are in the pics and where to buy? Or is that a "cat back" exhaust system?

Those tips look neat!

Cobra Jet,
Those are welded on exhaust tips.

For $20 I got these which can be put over the stock tips. They are no where near as nice though.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

The tips both seem to show the smaller diameter pipe within the exhaust tip. Folk say you can paint the inner pipe with high temp paint if it bothers you

Boy, talk about aerodynamic drag! What will you haul with that?

My lawn tractor, mulch, fencing, wood, bags of cement and whatever else needs to be moved.
You can put the tailgate down if you want and it does have holes in it.
Trailer%201.jpg

Back