What did you pay for your CX-5?

I'm planning to buy a GT with iActive sense+Tech package. I stay in Massachusetts. The least quote I got so far for a Red 2016.5 model is 32,344(excluding taxes & doc fee).
This sounds too high compared to other quotes posted in this forum. Is there anyone from MA who bought a CX5 recently? How much discounts did you manage to get?

I'm planning to buy a GT with iActive sense+Tech package. I stay in Massachusetts. The least quote I got so far for a Red 2016.5 model is 32,344(excluding taxes & doc fee).
This sounds too high compared to other quotes posted in this forum. Is there anyone from MA who bought a CX5 recently? How much discounts did you manage to get?

Not sure if you want AWD or not...assuming yes in your area.

A quick truecar search shows $31,624 before any incentives.

MSRP is $33,425. 10% off MSRP is about the best you can hope for most likely especially on a 2016.5.

You should be able to get it for $29451. Walk in. Make the offer and walk.

If there are roof racks / wheel locks / white color.. price could be a tad bit higher.

Been emailing dealers in RI, eastern CT and Mass (Boston, New Bedford and Worcester area). No one come close to Quirk Mazda in Quincy.
Sales price $30,598. Soul Red 2016.5 CX5 AWD GT with Tech

Good Luck!

You should be able to get it for $29451. Walk in. Make the offer and walk.

If there are roof racks / wheel locks / white color.. price could be a tad bit higher.

Man, I dont know how you guys are getting these prices. I spent all week going around to dealers in the Seattle area, the lowest I could get was $30.5K for a 2016.5 AWD GT with only the Tech Package in Deep Crystal Blue. When I told them $29.0K they laughed at me and said "Sorry, we can't do that". That was a week ago, no callbacks.

I got mine too at Fremont Mazda. 2016.5 GT gray awd for 28,119. Got it by the end of last month.

Sticker price:
1393c892aa06b5236779115c213b9b73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill of sale pic?

Man, I dont know how you guys are getting these prices. I spent all week going around to dealers in the Seattle area, the lowest I could get was $30.5K for a 2016.5 AWD GT with only the Tech Package in Deep Crystal Blue. When I told them $29.0K they laughed at me and said "Sorry, we can't do that". That was a week ago, no callbacks.

Yeah.... I think PNW is probably the worst area to get a deal on a vehicle period. This doesn't surprise me at all. I had to order my last new car out of California and have it trucked up to my driveway. Very doubtful you will get any more than a good deal in this area.

I actually got quoted at $3k below MSRP for a brand new Subaru WRX yesterday, without any haggling at all. I may have to pass on the Mazda and go that route instead.

If by "going around" you mean you are actually driving from dealer to dealer and talking to sales people - that is a problem. Find the model and options you want and send emails to all the internet sales departments up to 400 miles out. Consider the 2016 if you are going with the tech package. Its the same thing. Also, if you don't use the Mazda financing, you can get more back. I think I heard $750 back to the dealer for cash deals. But, we went with the 0.9 60 month deal...free money!

If by "going around" you mean you are actually driving from dealer to dealer and talking to sales people - that is a problem. Find the model and options you want and send emails to all the internet sales departments up to 400 miles out. Consider the 2016 if you are going with the tech package. Its the same thing. Also, if you don't use the Mazda financing, you can get more back. I think I heard $750 back to the dealer for cash deals. But, we went with the 0.9 60 month deal...free money!

I was dealing by email with dealers within about 100 miles, but I actually walked into one, however most dealers wouldn't even quote me an email price even when exact model/color/options was stated. And nobody would go below $30.5 either by email or the one dealer I went to in person.

Hi, new to the forum. Looking at a CX-5, 2016.5 grand touring with tech package and roof rack. MSRP is 31,100 and dealer is quoting me 28,500. Final out the door price after taxes etc was 31,000 he told me. I live in Georgia. Is this a decent deal?

Thank you

Hi, new to the forum. Looking at a CX-5, 2016.5 grand touring with tech package and roof rack. MSRP is 31,100 and dealer is quoting me 28,500. Final out the door price after taxes etc was 31,000 he told me. I live in Georgia. Is this a decent deal?

Thank you

Looks like a decent deal. 10% off MSRP is about the best you can get. You could try to get the full 10% and offer $27,990.00.

From there you either have to walk if not accepted or possibly try to meet in the middle.

Looks like a decent deal. 10% off MSRP is about the best you can get. You could try to get the full 10% and offer $27,990.00.

From there you either have to walk if not accepted or possibly try to meet in the middle.

Agreed! Go for it, Mercinman...

Let us know how it goes, and enjoy your new ride...

Hi, I am a new member and first time Mazda buyer. I am in the market for a 2016.5 CX-5 (GT/Touring) from Phoenix/Scottsdale area. I just emailed the dealers for quotes and awaiting them. Would really appreciate if you could post your buying experience from this area dealers and what was the OTD price you had paid.

Also, Mazda website is advertising 0.00% APR for limited term, would I be able to avail this financing on top of negotiating a price with them?

Thank you!.

Last edited:
Hi, I am a new member and first time Mazda buyer. I am in the market for a 2016.5 CX-5 (GT/Touring) from Phoenix/Scottsdale area. I just emailed the dealers for quotes and awaiting them. Would really appreciate if you could post your buying experience from this area dealers and what was the OTD price you had paid.

Also, Mazda website is advertising 0.00% APR for limited term, would I be able to avail this financing on top of negotiating a price with them?

Thank you!.

I can't answer for the dealers pricing and experiences in your area, however, on the financing aspect, yes you can negotiate price and get the special financing. Good luck and hope your buying experience is a smooth and easy one...

First time poster here. Ready to buy a 2016.5 CX-5 Sport, FWD, 2.5L, no options or packages for $24,218 OTD. Price of the vehicle before taxes, doc fees was $22,300. Did it all over the internet. Didn't tell the dealer yet I will be financing through my credit union so we'll see if anything changes. Took a test drive, seems like a great car.

Last edited:
Back